Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRoss51
Beginner

I need to buy a new case for my Intel E210882 desktop motherboard. I shall be grateful if someone can suggest what PC Case will house this motherboard perfectly in Canada. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Provide the desktop board model number, or the AA number.

Also, I know of no limitations on PC cases working in Canada<G>

Doc

MRoss51
Beginner

Thanks for responding . Are they different from E210882 and [/21-b6-e1-e2-ER} which I find on the motherboard?

MRoss51
Beginner

I found it. After the AA it is: G89861-203

AlHill
Super User

Ok, you have a DB85FL motherboard:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/72031/intel-desktop-board-db85fl.html

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/desktop/db85fl/db85fl_techpro...

This is a micro ATX form factor board. So, you need a case that will accomodate a micro ATX board.

On this site, you will find FOUR pages of Micro ATX cases. You just need to look and see what satisfies your needs:

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100007583%20600546036

The above link is provided for your convenience.

Doc

MRoss51
Beginner

Thank you.

So, just microATX matters. I looked at Newegg. Does mid Tower or mini Tower matter?

And this next question touches on another product - the power supply box. Will a Rosewill Photon Series 550W Full Modular Gaming Power Supply fit in a Mid Tower ATX Case?

AlHill
Super User

You want a case that accomodates a micro ATX board. If the mid tower or mini tower support micro atx boards, then you should be fine. You will want to examine the case you select to see if accomodates the power supply you want. This is research you need to do.

Doc

MRoss51
Beginner

Thanks Al.Hill for all the replies. So, I was doing some research and learned that I should choose atx compatible PSU. Now how do I know if 500 W or 550 W or whatever is the power that this motherboard needs?

AlHill
Super User

There is not really much difference between them. Your choice would largely be influenced by the requirements of a graphics card (like amd or nvidia) if you were to use one. If you were to use the onboard graphics, either would be fine. Section 2.5.1 of the tech spec (in the link I provided) advises you on power supply considerations. An excerpt:

"For example, for a high power system consisting of a supported 95 W processor (see Section 1.3 on page 16 for a list of supported processors), 4 GB DDR3 RAM, one high end video card, one hard disk drive, one optical drive, and all board peripherals enabled, the minimum recommended power supply is 460 W.

For example, for a low power system consisting of a supported 45 W processor (see Section 1.3 on page 16 for a list of supported processors), 2 GB DDR3 RAM, integrated graphics, one SSD, one optical drive, and no extra onboard peripherals enabled, the minimum recommended power supply is a 320 W. "

So, unless you get a super-duper, power hungry, monster add-on graphics card, you will be fine with either the 500w or the 550w. If you do go foar a BIG graphics card, be careful - size matters. Depending on your case and the length of the card, it may not physically fit. Also, be concerned about compatibility. However, all of this is only important if you get an add-on graphics card.

Doc