Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrasiGringo
Beginner

I´new to forum and need a little help. Need to know if it is still possible to update bios for Intel DH67CL board with ver AAG10212-210

Desktop running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit with SP1

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, it is. There was, in fact, a new BIOS released on 10/23/18 that provided microcode updates mitigating some of the Spectre vulnerabilities.

If you are new to this process, note that updating the BIOS on 7 Series board such as this takes a significant amount of time and planning.

To help you with this, what version of the BIOS are you currently running?

...S

BrasiGringo
Beginner

Scott, thanks for reply. I have used a program called SPECCY to retrieve the data attached here. I hope it has all the info you need.

AlHill
Super User

To get the bios information, go to START, RUN, enter MSINFO32, OK, and on about the 8th line down you will see the bios version/date.

Doc

BrasiGringo
Beginner

Al, thanks for the instruction. I got it. Now I just need to know if there is a newer bios.

n_scott_pearson

Ok, you are on BIOS 146 (full version string: BLH6710H.86A.0146.2011.1222.1415), which was the last BIOS released exclusively for 2nd Gen Core processors. If you are planning on staying with this processor (i.e. you are not planning to do an upgrade to a 3rd Gen. Core processor at the same time), then this will be fairly easy.

First, you want to download two files,

1. BL0151P.BIO, from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21084/BIOS-Update-BLH6710H-86A-.
  2. BL0163.BIO, from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28273/BIOS-Update-BLH6710H-86A-?product=50101.

Then follow these instructions:

1. On a Windows-based PC, format (or reformat) a USB 2.0 flash drive, using the FAT32 file system, with the Quick Format option disabled. Very important:
    1. Do not use Linux- or MacOS-based PC to do this.
    2. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drive.
    3. Do not use vFAT or exFAT or any other file system.
    4. Sorry for how long it takes to reformat.
  2. Put both of the files in the root folder of your USB flash drive.
  3. Properly eject the USB Flash Drive; don't just yank it out.
  4. Power off the DH67CL board.
  5. Insert the USB flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board. Do not use blue USB 3.0 ports and do not use front panel USB ports.
  6. Power on the board.
  7. When the BIOS Splash Screen appears, press the F7 key.
  8. When the menu appears, browse to the root folder for your USB flash drive and select file BL0151P.BIO.
  9. The board should automatically reboot and begin the installation process. A display of its progress is displayed onscreen.
  10. When the BIOS update is complete, the board will automatically reboot again.
  11. When the BIOS Splash Screen appears, again press F7.
  12. When the menu appears, browse to the root folder for your USB flash drive and select file BL0163.BIO.
  13. The board should automatically reboot and begin the installation process. A display of its progress is displayed onscreen.
  14. When the BIOS update is complete, the board will automatically reboot again.
  15. When the BIOS Splash Screen appears, press F2.
  16. When the BIOS Setup page appears, press F9 (followed by Y) to reset the BIOS Configuration to defaults.
  17. Press F10 (followed by Y) to save the BIOS Configuration and reboot.
  18. When the BIOS Splash Screen appears, again press F2.
  19. When the BIOS Setup page appears, make any change to the BIOS Configuration that you require (things like Boot Order) or you desire (things like disabling NUMLOCK).
  20. Press F10 (followed by Y) to save the BIOS Configuration and reboot.
  21. Do nothing. Hopefully, your system will boot into your O/S (Windows or Linux or whatever).

That's is; not too complicated but a lot of steps.

Let us know how it goes,

...S

BrasiGringo
Beginner

....S, Thanks for the help. I have just downloaded the 2 bios files but before I continue, I have one quick question. I use Google Chrome as default engine and on the first attempt to download, the site tried to download in IE Explorer. I tried again and managed to download both files with Chrome. Will that make a difference?

n_scott_pearson

I use Chrome myself, so no issues there. As for it trying to use IE, this means that you haven't changed all defaults over to Chrome; there is still at least one that is set to IE.

...S

BrasiGringo
Beginner

O.K., thanks again. I´ll check on the IE thing.Also, I have be away today but I will do the BIOS probably tomorrow. I´ll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.