Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NCeci
Beginner

I search a driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller

Jump to solution

Hy, I have this board

and I can't find a driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller.

I tried with all these drivers,

but still don't work.

Please help. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The PCI Simple Communications Controller is a part of the Management Engine (ME) functionality. It is normally resolved with the installation of the Management Engine Interface (MEI/HECI) driver package.

I notice that you are attempting to run Windows 7 on this board. Windows 7 is not a supported O/S for this board (see https://downloadmirror.intel.com/18246/eng/Windows%207%20Compatibility%20for%20Intel%20Desktop%20Boa... here for more information). While you may find some Windows 7 drivers that will work with this board, the overall support will likely be incomplete (though drivers available via Windows Update will resolve most things). I see the appropriate MEI package included in your list (HECI_allOS_2.1.22.1033_PV.exe), but this package does not support Windows 7 and likely did not actually install properly on your system (if it had, it would have resolved the PCI SCC).

In 99.9% of installations, the PCI SCC is not used at runtime. Leaving it unresolved is not an issue (well, beyond the fact that it appears unresolved)...

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The PCI Simple Communications Controller is a part of the Management Engine (ME) functionality. It is normally resolved with the installation of the Management Engine Interface (MEI/HECI) driver package.

I notice that you are attempting to run Windows 7 on this board. Windows 7 is not a supported O/S for this board (see https://downloadmirror.intel.com/18246/eng/Windows%207%20Compatibility%20for%20Intel%20Desktop%20Boa... here for more information). While you may find some Windows 7 drivers that will work with this board, the overall support will likely be incomplete (though drivers available via Windows Update will resolve most things). I see the appropriate MEI package included in your list (HECI_allOS_2.1.22.1033_PV.exe), but this package does not support Windows 7 and likely did not actually install properly on your system (if it had, it would have resolved the PCI SCC).

In 99.9% of installations, the PCI SCC is not used at runtime. Leaving it unresolved is not an issue (well, beyond the fact that it appears unresolved)...

...S

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Thank you N. Scott Pearson for that information you have kindly shared with us and for your contribution on this thread.

Best wishes,

Ivan