Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBELS2
Beginner

I tried to increase my RAM from 8gb to 16gb. The Bios sees it but Windows 10 just a splash screen then the system re boots? tried both the Adata and Corsair (see pic) whats weird is they boot in single dimms but not together. anyone got ideas?

I have a DH55TC Ver:AAE70932-302 Ser:BTTC04700BAG i5 650 3.20ghz and a GTX745 nVidia card Bios 0048

BTW I'm very happy with this old board. It replaced an Emachine snail😎

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This board supports a maximum DIMM size of 4GB. You cannot use 8GB DIMMs. Also, you cannot exceed 2Gb memory technology. DIMMs with 4Gb memory technology cannot be used.

...S

DBELS2
Beginner

20200313_131907.jpg20200313_131924.jpgHey Scott. Ya I get that. The Adata dimms are 4GB. like I said the BIOS recognized the entire amount with out any errors. It is Windows 10 64 Enterprise that is restarting the desktop as soon as the circle starts to turn putting it into an endless loop. I put the 8gb back in and she fires right up AND warns me that less memory has been installed. I also tried each individually and it booted up. Also the Corsair Value Select when I took the 8gb out and put those in it immediately told me there was a problem and stopped at post. Based on that I think It might be something else. Any Thoughts?

D

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Sorry I have taken so long to respond. I have been down with a chest cold. When I say 2Gb (the small b means bit, not byte) memory technology, I am talking about the technology used in the individual RAM chips on the DIMM. You cannot use more-modern DIMMs that use higher densities. The BIOS is unable to properly initialize higher density technologies. It may appear to do so, but as you saw when you attempted to go into Windows, the memory fails. You much use 4GB DIMMs that utilize 2Gb memory technology. You cannot use anything higher. Yes, this makes finding compatible memory difficult.

Sorry,

...S

DBELS2
Beginner

Hey Scott... No worries I really never expected a reply using such archaic tech. But I just like the old Id games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Quake, and a few others so I don't need a power house. Got this board on eBay for 22bucks and it came with CPU and 8gig so I have been very happy with it. Boots up in under 20 seconds and the HD sound is amazing. Anyway I totally understand now I never noticed the small b. Dave