Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I would like to update my D975XBX2 board with the latest BIOS (Version 2838). Since it is not available at Intel's download center, could somebody please provide it. Hoping that this BIOS will support a graphics card like GEFORCE 710(Windows 10).

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Re: I would like to update my D975XBX2 board with the latest BIOS (Version 2838). Since it is not available at Intel's download center, could somebody please provide it. Hoping that this BIOS will support a graphics card like GEFORCE 710(Windows 10).

The attached ZIP file provides the BX2838P.BIO file.

However, considering how old this board is, I do not have much hope that this graphics card will work with its BIOS. You need to make sure that the graphics card you use has legacy BIOS support. Too many of them only provide UEFI-based driver.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: I would like to update my D975XBX2 board with the latest BIOS (Version 2838). Since it is not available at Intel's download center, could somebody please provide it. Hoping that this BIOS will support a graphics card like GEFORCE 710(Windows 10).

Thanks for the BIOS and the quick response. Also looking for the BIOS Express Updater, which Intel also seems to have pulled from the download site.

Any suggestions for GPU's with legacy support? I see a lot of noise in the forums that most UEFI GPU cards should work in Legacy BIOS MB's?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry, I will not use the Express BIOS Update executables myself, so do not keep them around and thus do not have them to pass along. Though rare, they *have* been seen to be responsible for the bricking of the BIOS. I simply will not take the chance using them.

Many 'modern' graphics cards simply will not work with boards (and BIOSs) this old. Some boards claim they are backwards-compatible with the older PCIe implementations, but it has been shown that this is hit or miss at best. Others provide only UEFI drivers in their OpROM and thus will not work with Desktop Boards with Legacy BIOS or Desktop Boards (like yours) that had early EFI (note I didn't say UEFI) BIOSs. Unfortunately, this issue was only really coming to a head as the Desktop Boards group was being shut down and thus no BIOS engineers have ever root-caused what was actually going wrong.

In your case, you need to look at what solutions were available when this Desktop Board was released and while its BIOS was still in active support. This board was released in late 2006, just after the release of the GeForce 8 Series and just before the release of the Radeon R600/HD 2000 Series. Refer to these sample articles for information on some of the cards available at that time:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamespots-summer-video-card-roundup-2007/1100-6173135/

https://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/graphics-cards/editor-s-choice-top-10-graphics-c...

https://www.tweaktown.com/cat/video_cards/archive/2007.html

https://www.tweaktown.com/cat/video_cards/archive/2008.html

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks again, your expertise is very much appreciated. So what method do you suggest for updating the BIOS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Well, the F7 method is best, but that's not supported here. This leaves only iFlash...

0 Kudos