Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
11432 Discussions

I5 3570k on intel dh61ww

Xided
Novice
Can someone tell me where to get a bios update for DH61WW so i can use a 3570k on it right now im using a trash i5 2400-s
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The latest/last bios is BE0120, which I have attached.

Also, here are the release notes:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191120145814/https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23393/eng/BE_0120_Releas...

And, the specs on the board:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/54876/intel-desktop-board-dh61ww.html

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

STOP!

Do not attempt to install this BIOS! You will brick your board if you do so!

Multiple BIOS releases are required to perform this upgrade!

n_scott_pearson

You must perform this upgrade in a number of steps. 

First, you must follow the process described in document Updating the BIOS to Support 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors. Then, you must update to BIOS 48, BIOS 99 and then BIOS 120. I have attached a ZIP file that provides all of the necessary BIO files as well as the Release Notes.

The Release Notes explain the process for performing the update, but I recommend using the BIOS Recovery process for all three update operations. For information on the BIOS Recovery process, consult Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions

To help you better, here are my step-by-step instructions for BIOS Recovery. See the section after these instructions; it describes how to use these instructions for the set of BIOS files you need to install.

1. NOTE: Read these instructions completely before starting. Follow all instructions EXACTLY.
  2. On some other Windows-based PC, make sure that you have the .BIO file for the BIOS release you wish to install.
  3. Insert a 32GB or smaller (the smaller the better) USB 2.0 flash drive into the PC. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives (most are not compatible). It is also best if you use a flash drive that has an access LED that you can watch.
  4. Format this USB flash drive using the Windows Format applet. Select to install the FAT32 file system (NOT vFAT, NOT exFAT; FAT32 only). You must also specify that the Quick Format option be Disabled (unchecked).
  5. NOTE: If FAT32 is not offered as a choice by the Format applet, your flash drive is too big; use another.
  6. Copy the .BIO file into the root folder of this USB flash drive. This should be the only .BIO file in the root folder of the USB flash drive.
  7. Properly eject the USB flash drive. Do not just yank it out. Do this from File Explorer or using the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media System Tray applet.
  8. Power off the Desktop Board system.
  9. Remove the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from the board. It will be the only yellow jumper; the rest will usually be black.
  10. NOTE: Remember the pins that this jumper was plugged onto; you will need this information later.
  11. Plug the USB flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board. Do not use blue or yellow USB 3.0 port. Do not use any front panel USB ports.
  12. Power on the system.
  13. The BIOS Recovery process should start automatically. You should see a progress report on your main monitor.
  14. NOTE: If you do not see a progress report displayed on a monitor, do not power off the system for at least 15 minutes. While it is rare, it is possible for the process to proceed without an onscreen display; you must give it ample time to complete, just in case.
  15. When the BIOS Recovery process is complete, you will be asked to power off the system. Do so.
  16. Restore the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper to the pins it was on previously. This should be across pins 1 and 2 of this (three pin) header.
  17. Remove the USB flash drive from the back panel of the board.
  18. Power on the board.
  19. Immediately begin pressing the F2 key, over and over (approx. once per second) until you see the BIOS Setup (or Visual BIOS) screen displayed.
  20. Verify, using the BIOS version string, that the BIOS installed properly. Stop if it isn't.
  21. Press the F9 key (followed by the Y key) to reset of the BIOS configuration.
  22. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  23. Once screen is cleared (goes black), begin pressing the F2 key, over and over, until you see the BIOS Setup screen displayed.
  24. Make any changes to the BIOS configuration that you desire (for example, disabling NUMLOCK) or that you require (for example, setting Boot Order, enabling UEFI, etc.).
  25. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  26. Test.

Now, you have to do three update operations. Here is the process for this:

1. Perform Steps 1 - 22, using BE0048.BIO at Step 6.
  2. On USB flash drive, delete BE0048.BIO and add BE0099.BIO
  3. Perform Steps 7 - 22.
  4. On USB flash drive, delete BE0099.BIO and add BE0120.BIO
  5. Perform Steps 6 - 26.

Hope this helps,

...S

Xided
Novice

this is confusing what are you saying on my old intel bored i got the newest update and installed it and it worked fine and these files you gave me are confusing what do i do with them

Xided
Novice

my intel dh61ww just came now i need step by step help on how to update the bios to the newest so anyone got discord or Instagram that can help???

Xided
Novice
Well never mind i did every step now the pc wont post it sits on a black screen forever
n_scott_pearson

That's because you didn't follow the instructions. You have likely permanently bricked the board; a costly mistake.

...S

Xided
Novice

i did everything on the list but when i was updating to the 2nd bios file it said finished then the pc shut off i turned it back on and now its broken

n_scott_pearson

Did you read and follow the instructions in this part?

First, you must follow the process described in document Updating the BIOS to Support 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors. Then, you must update to BIOS 48, BIOS 99 and then BIOS 120. I have attached a ZIP file that provides all of the necessary BIO files as well as the Release Notes.

The Release Notes explain the process for performing the update, but I recommend using the BIOS Recovery process for all three update operations. For information on the BIOS Recovery process, consult Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions

...S

Xided
Novice

yes i did all that but on 2nd update it finished my pc auto turned off then i turned it bk on and now its broken

jeffry520
Beginner

Hey, I am facing the same issue while updating....Is the following post good for it:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Software-Archive/RESOLVIDO-Abrir-Facebook-Twitter-Instagram/m-p/10762.../

This issue really disturbed me from last few days and i am hoping, i will fix it soon. Thanks