Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11460 Discussions

IME drivers for Intel Chipset 6 Series/C200 Series?

AMG
Novice

Hello,

I've looked over the whole Intel Drivers website with nothing in sight.

I can't seem to find the IME driver for my chipset. I know it's an old chipset, but still.

The issue is that after installing a new PSU I had to reset the Bios. After resetting the Bios (moving the Bios header to pins 2-3 and clearing the password) the IME firmware version in Bios is now 0.0.0.0.

Is there any way to fix this?

LE: As usual, there's the 30 minutes shutdown timer that comes with corrupt IME version.

Thank you,

A.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

If it is doing cyclic resets, could be because it isn't finding the USB flash device (BIOS Recovery engine is very picky; it doesn't include a ton of workarounds to handle poorly implemented flash devices (and there are nots of these!)). Make sure you are using a USB 2.0 flash device and make sure you are using a fairly small (say, 16GB or smaller) flash device. Also, make sure that the .BIO file is the only one in the root folder of the flash drive. 

I also recommend that people reformat their USB flash devices (a) on a Windows-based PC, (b) using FAT32 (and no other) file system and (c) with Quick Format option disabled. This fixes issues created by the bulk formatting devices that the manufacturers use.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson

Edit: This is a platform-level issue, not a Windows driver issue.

Your ME is not running because the firmware for it is either not present or corrupted. This firmware is installed as part of the BIOS update process. The only way to attempt to fix this is to reinstall the latest BIOS using the BIOS Recovery process. I say attempt because this is a Hail Mary and may not work. For more information,

Hope this helps,

...S

AMG
Novice

Thank you, but there's a problem here.
My board is no longer supported and Intel isn't hosting the drivers I need anymore.
Any idea where I can find the BIOS files? I'm really not sure if I should just grab it from a random site i find on Google or not.

Late Edit: Found it here: https://archive.org/download/IntelBIOSupdatefiles/DQ67SW/

Hopefully this is the right one. The issue here is that after removing the BIOS header to put it in recovery, the PC isn't starting, it's just doing cyclic resets every few seconds.

I've tried flashing it with the header in BIOS normal mode using F7 and a USB drive but nothing changes.

Any solutions for this?

Thanks

n_scott_pearson

If it is doing cyclic resets, could be because it isn't finding the USB flash device (BIOS Recovery engine is very picky; it doesn't include a ton of workarounds to handle poorly implemented flash devices (and there are nots of these!)). Make sure you are using a USB 2.0 flash device and make sure you are using a fairly small (say, 16GB or smaller) flash device. Also, make sure that the .BIO file is the only one in the root folder of the flash drive. 

I also recommend that people reformat their USB flash devices (a) on a Windows-based PC, (b) using FAT32 (and no other) file system and (c) with Quick Format option disabled. This fixes issues created by the bulk formatting devices that the manufacturers use.

Hope this helps,

...S

n_scott_pearson

@TIuli

While they may seem similar, every user's issues are different. You have different hardware, different driver mix, different installation order, etc. In addition, Intel Customer Support wants to track each user's issue to completion. They can't do that if you are a rider on someone else's issue. Please open your own conversation for your issue (using the Post a Message button on the main (root) Intel Community page). Please include a full description of your issue, the model of your laptop, etc. in your post.

If you want to save time, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select all data categories, generate the report and then have the tool Save the report to a file. Don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work. Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S