cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STrig2
Beginner

IMEI and z87 boards.

Jump to solution

Hi there, just installed Windows 10 x64 v 1903 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 on a Mushkin Reactor 480 GB SSD, this build also have a Asus z87pro and an intel i7 4770k, everything was fine until IMEI device was installed (automatically), this system device has a exclamation sign when system boots (checked from device manager) and makes SO to boot extremely slow, it takes about 1 min to show lock screen, if i disable this device system boots in about 9~10 secs. I checked over internet that there is other users with the same issue with IMEI and z87 boards even those being other brands, gygabyte, etc.

Device status state

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

tried updating this by windows drivers update, or windows update but no other software were found, any ideas?

By the way, BIOS version is the last one, and everything was fine in windows 8.1 x64 before upgrading to W10.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
STrig2
Beginner

I found the solution installing version IMEI 1904.12.0.1208 from Intel's support platform, which couldn't verify that the version were compatible with my system, but starts in les than 5 secs, and this versión is not listed in the Chipset section of my motherboard, besides of that, it's solved, the device is running properly as device manager states.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to work with ASUS regarding their board and THEIR BIOS, and why the IMEI is not installed properly.

Doc

STrig2
Beginner

I found the solution installing version IMEI 1904.12.0.1208 from Intel's support platform, which couldn't verify that the version were compatible with my system, but starts in les than 5 secs, and this versión is not listed in the Chipset section of my motherboard, besides of that, it's solved, the device is running properly as device manager states.

View solution in original post