cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HIMADRI
Beginner

INTEL DQ35MP MOTHERBOARD UEFI BOOT

Jump to solution
Sir, I have intel DQ35MP motherboard and my bios is JOQ3510J.86A.0942.2008.0807.1958
I create a windows 10 32bit USB with UEFI boot and I enable the option in bios boot section UEFI BOOT but I couldn't get any secure boot option for that reason I tried to boot my USB but it's not starting.
Can you please help me where I can found the Secure boot or what is the issue with UEFI boot
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What part of my response didn't you understand? No, there are no other BIOS versions available. Unprovision your system, do the BIOS Recovery and then you can reprovision.

...S

View solution in original post

16 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What OS are you trying to install?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

HIMADRI
Beginner
Sir, I am using latest windows 10 20h2 32bit
AlHill
Super User

Go here and let Microsoft create your USB install media. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Just use a USB2 stick of 8GB or more, select the appropriate options and MS will create your install media.  Do NOT use rufus or a linix or mac formatted usb stick.

When you boot the stick, via F10, you should see the UEFI entry for the stick.

HIMADRI
Beginner
Sir, is my bios have any secure boot enable/disable option. I didn't find it.

And, sir in website I found a list that is my bios is too old , is I need to update my bios ?
AlHill
Super User

Do not worry about secure boot.  You do not need it.

As for the bios, I have attached 1143p.

HIMADRI
Beginner
Sir, I have already have downloaded WINDOWS 10 iso and media creation tool is again run to download the iso.
Can you please tell me about alternative application for create bootable ISO with the download file
AlHill
Super User

In the link I provided from Microsoft, they will create the bootable media usb stick.  Just sit back and relax, and Microsoft will take care of you.

HIMADRI
Beginner
Sir, I create a new windows 10 bootable USB and format my computer and make the HDD as GPT partitions that is was going good but after the restart it's does not detected the HDD but in bios I can find the HDD as boot
AlHill
Super User

You only need to let MS make the install media.  You do not format the HDD or do anything, except during the install.  During the install, choose CUSTOM, and delete ALL the partitions on the drive you want to install on.

HIMADRI
Beginner
Sir, I downloaded and installed ms media creation tool and then I create a bootable USB that is running good but my computer does not detect HDD UEFI boot or GPT partitions. It's run only in legacy boot. It's BIOS issue or any other?

And sir, I didn't know how I can update the bios which you provide me. I tried f7 but it's not working. Please help me
AlHill
Super User

This is more difficult than I thought it would be.

First, the bios:  Use the bios recovery method here with your usb stick:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005630/boards-and-kits.html

HIMADRI
Beginner
Sir, when I was going to update my motherboard DQ35MP BIOS update and I see the release note their have a note that is : Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) provisioning for Intel® AMT will fail
if this version of BIOS was updated using BIOS recovery.
Can you please provide any older version of BIOS of my pc which is support flash2 Utility or F7.

And, sir Can you please provide how I can backup my original bios for any future issues
n_scott_pearson

First of all, to be specific regarding your previous question, there is no version of the BIOS that supports UEFI Secure Boot. That capability was not introduced until long after this board was released.

My check of the Wayback Machine did not yield any versions of the BIOS other than 1143. This means that you will be required to upgrade to 1143 using the BIOS Recovery process. This also means that you will need to unprovision the system before performing this update and will need to provision again afterwards. Your only other alternative is to stay with the BIOS release you are on.

There is no capability provided for backing up the BIOS. You could produce a backup of the flash component.

...S

HIMADRI
Beginner
Sir, As release note if I directly update with 1143 bios then the Public Key Infrastructure is failed when I performed it through recovery bios update. For that reason I want to run older bios and then I update with this by using F7.
My current bios is not support F7 and after the release BIOS Version 1122 it's added . Can you please provide any bios with F7 key support
n_scott_pearson

What part of my response didn't you understand? No, there are no other BIOS versions available. Unprovision your system, do the BIOS Recovery and then you can reprovision.

...S

View solution in original post

HIMADRI
Beginner
Ok sir, then I tried to update this bios. Thanks you sir