cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aahme20
Beginner

Identifying a problem if it's from the board

hi there!

i'm using intel DH77KC board and since i bought i'm getting a problem ..

the problem is " i get a sounds from the HDD tek tek tek .... i had Seagate 1000 GB then i thought the problem from the HDD i changed to WD 500GB, within a week again i got the same problem, i changed back to seagate 500GB again within few weeks the same problem "

actually it is not just sounds, while the sounds comes out the pc will start hanging and i used to get this message every time ( a sudden shutdown and tells YOUR PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM ..... )

i'm sure the problem is not form the board cuz i had another problem in the board and i got replaced from INTEL and again i'm getting the same problem..

actually i'm wondering if the problem from the RAM ( is it compatible with the board or not ) and another thing is the power supply is it enough or not ?

RAM: DDR3 12GB

PSU: 500 watt

any suggestion..!

with regards,

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello abkamd:

In regard to your inquiry, since you replaced both the board and hard drive, that normally indicates that the problem as you mentioned could be related to a different component, the power supply seems to be the proper one, but if you are using a video card it is recommended to use a 600W or 650W power supply.

Are you using an external video card?

Also, the board works with Dual DDR3 1066/1333/1600 memory RAM and it supports up to 32GB of size, so the memory RAM you have seems fully compatible, but remember that the memory controller is located on the processor, so the processor is the one that indicates which memory RAM to use, so in order to confirm if that memory RAM is the proper one:

What is the model of the processor?

Here you can see the specifications of the board:

http://ark.intel.com/products/59506/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH77KC?q=Intel%C2%AE%20Desktop%20Board%20DH7... http://ark.intel.com/products/59506/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH77KC?q=Intel%C2%AE%20Desktop%20Board%20DH7...

Which Windows version are you using?

Any further questions, or if you need more information, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I agree; you should try another power supply...

...S

aahme20
Beginner

sorry for my delay in replay ..

actually my PC ran into a problem and currently doesn't work,, so I had to wait for my brother to come back home so I can use his laptop ..^^

Ok regarding the processor i'm using

Core i5 - 3330

and the windows I hv tried them all .. once I bought the pc I was using win7, then I updated to 8.1 and finally I was using win10, but the same problem goes for them all ..

what is your recommendation for me ..??

i'm willing to buy a new power supply ..

mmmm actually my knowledge in computer is not that good .. is there any possibilities this problem from the Processor ?

idata
Community Manager

Hello abkamd:

I just wanted to check if you were able to test the PC with a different power supply and if the issue persists or if it was resolved?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

aahme20
Beginner

nope I never checked with different power supply ..

I think the problem from the power supply cuz I think even the brand itself is not Ok ..

i'm using something called " I-ball "

as I mentioned b4 I'm willing to get a new one ..

so do u recommend a specific brand ? and what is the " watt power " power u prefer .. ( I think i'll take 700w ) hahaha

idata
Community Manager

Hello abkamd:

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

In regard to your question, it is hard to tell for sure if the problem is the power supply or the processor, because it could be any of those.

So, a good option will be to swap parts first before you purchased the new power supply, we understand that option is not always available, and in those cases we recommend to look for a PC repair store close to you, because sometimes they have the parts available for testing and they might be able to test the PC with a different processor or power supply in order to find out the source for the problem, not sure if that option is available where you are located.

And yes, a 700W power supply will be a good choice, the PC should work just fine with that component.

On the following link you will find some power supply considerations for your motherboard in case you want to check it, page 61:

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/desktop/dh77kc/dh77kc_techprod... http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/desktop/dh77kc/dh77kc_techprod...

Regards

Alberto

idata
Community Manager

Hello abkamd:

I just wanted to check if you were able to replace the power supply and if the issue got resolved by doing that or if the problem still persists?

Regards

Alberto

aahme20
Beginner

yuuup .. thaaank you very much ..

i'v bought Cooler master 700w ( the bronze one )

and everything now running SMOOTHLY ..

thank you ..

idata
Community Manager

Hello abkamd:

You are welcome.

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the PC is working fine now.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto