Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJ6
Beginner

In My INTEL DH55TC Motherboard, Intel H55 Express Chipset is over heating & due to this PC is no operating.

My PC is Not Operating, I Check with Computer Center they told : In My INTEL DH55TC Motherboard, Intel H55 Express Chipset is over heating & due to this PC is no operating. My question is that it can be replaced or Mother board can be serviced. If i contact INTEL Service Center they can do service or i need to buy a new MB.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

If thermal damage has occurred, replacement will be your only option. How did they determine that this was the case? What exactly happens when you power it on?

MJ6
Beginner

Sir, Thanks for your Kind Response..

For Last one Month, My PC is starting after two minutes, One Day PC is Not Starting & Checked with near by computer center & They checked the SMPS & found Healthy & Checking the Mother Board , It takes more current & During Analyse the MB, They found this IC Chip is Over Heating (With in a minute) & It was the Fault. They Not try for Repair due to it was a molded IC & told me Service with authorized centre.

Actually, I am Far from Authorized INTEL Service Center. i.e (Nearest INTEL Collection Center is 200 KM) so that i am questioning about whether, My MB Can be Serviceable through Service center or Go for New one.

MJ6
Beginner

Sir , In ypur Answer Replacement is the only option for That IC Chip or Full Motherboard.

IUman
Honored Contributor II

In that case you will need to replace the full motherboard.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Intel does not offer a repair service. They do, however, have a replacement service for defective boards, but only if the board is still within its (three year) warranty period. If your warranty is still valid, call (by phone or chat service) Intel Customer Support and discuss it with them. If your warranty has run out (which is likely the case for a 5 Series board), you will have to purchase a replacement at your own cost.

Sorry I don't have better news,

...Scott