Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMen_
Beginner

Install Windows 7 on Intel SDD connected to PCIeMiniCard (Intel MB also).

Hi all,

I´m getting crazy!! I´ve tried everything without success and have being searching on the web for a solution without success.

Last weekk I bought an Intel Board (Intel® Desktop Board DH87RL) and Intel SSD (Intel® Solid-State Drive 525 Series). I plugged everything, started computer and great! It works! BIOS recognizes the mSATA SSD and I was happy . Next step was to install Windows7 from a USB stick. Everything works fine, it boots from USB, starts Windows and when I select the drive to install Windows on it I see the following:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu".

I´ve tried to format it, to create a volume, to give attributes... but nothing works. Windows7 installation thinks that the SSD is not a boot disk and can not install windows on it. What I´m doing wrong? Is my hardware compatible with this? Do I need to add some drivers to the installation?

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Ziltoid43,

Since this motherboard just came out, you may need to install the F6 drivers during Windows installation

You will find the drivers you need to install on the following link. You may want to read the Read Me file first.

Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22767&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A%09%09%0...

In addition, I recommend you updating the BIOS to version 0317 first and then to 0320.

Regards.