Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MPace1
Beginner

Intel BOXDZ77GAL-70K LGA 1155 Intel Z77 (DEAD) HOT Led flashes and nothing

Hello everyone, I purchased a Intel BOXDZ77GAL-70K LGA 1155 Intel Z77 back in 2016 in which the board has a 3 year warranty, yesterday my motherboard died, I called intel and let them know that I would like create a case for a warranty repairs, my only concern is that since Intel no longer supports the board what options are they going to leave me with? Has anyone had anything similar to this occur with them and what was your outcome? I'm scared they are going to either refund me what I paid and leave me stuck with just a case or nothing at all. I have a old socket 1155 i7 2600S and its very hard to find a board like the one I had, I actually enjoyed it and it sucks to see it died yesterday. The only thing it does when power it on is flashes the HOT LED light and then shuts off... I tried a new GPU, RAM, re-seated all cabled, removed CMOS battery for a hour and to no avail the computer is dead. I hope Intel refurbishes or has something in house in which they can fix my board.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

If your board is still under warranty (check here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/services/000006303.html?wapkw=warranty+check Determine if Your Product Is Still Under Warranty), Intel will replace it. Since Intel exited this business a number of years ago, I suppose that it is possible that the inventory of this board is completely exhausted. In this case, I am not sure what they would do, but my guess would be that they would replace it with another of the Z77 boards that they produced.

Hope this helps,

...S