Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Intel Chipset Identification: 64-bit Windows 7

I just ran INF_allOS_9.3.0.1021_PV.exe to update the chipset on my DZ77GA-70K system board. The update utility said it completed - but, it took less than 1 second to run... leaving me wondering if it actually worked.

I tried to use the Intel chipset identification utility to double check which chipset version I am running - but, it doesn't work with 64-bit Windows (thank goodness it runs on Windows 95 and Windows Vista 32-bit!).

Does anyone know of a way to determine which Intel chipset software version I am running?

Thanks...

/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=861&DwnldID=18498&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipset Software&ProductProduct=Intel® Chipset Identification Utility&lang=eng Intel® Chipset Identification UtilityUse to identify your Intel® chipset on your motherboard. Utility must be "Run as Administrator" on Windows Vista*/Windows 7* (No 64-bit OS support)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

it most likely installed, it doesn't take long at all, to check:

device manager, goto "system devices"

clock on "Intel 7 series /c216 chipset family PCI express root port"

driver should say Intel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I'll answer my own question. The Intel Driver Update web page has been updated for DZ77GA-70K. It is now showing the version number of the chipset software:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect Intel® Driver Update Utility

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

Hi - You can try this :

Run Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit -> enter)

Once in the Registry Editor expand "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"

Next Expand "SOFTWARE"

Next Expand "INTEL"

Click on "Infinst"

On the right hand side there will be two things to look for.

First is to make sure the line that says "Install" has the word "success" next too it (to the right, under "data" ). This indicates the driver was installed correctly.

Next find the line that says "Version", and that will be your version number that was installed. Regards. Peter

Highlighted
New Contributor I

Peter,

Good idea.

Windows regedit says I have 9.3.0.1021 installed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Shaun,

Thanks for the tip - but, there does not seem to be a relationship between the PCI driver version and the Intel chipset version.

0 Kudos