Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SKura1
Beginner

Intel D2700DC - cannot access bios settings with usb kbd.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Im building a system on intel d2700dc motherboard. As a box, I use CoolerMaster Elite 120, psu is Zalman 400 L. Hdd is not installed yet.

So, my system boots fron usb stick, I tried to boot windows pe and freenas for test. Thing is - I# cannot enter BIOS, but kbd is fully working under os. Kbd is not even lighted on bios screen. I updated bios for the recent one. Bios menu is accessible if I put jumper to the 2-3, but kbd is not working in it.

Im suspecting this is fastboot option not letting me to enter bios. I tried to press "on" button for a 3 seconds but nothing really happened, no 3x beeps or someting - it just reboots.

Any suggestions ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

According to the original post, you updated the BIOS to the latest version 0076. Would you remember which the previous BIOS version was?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SKura1
Beginner

Any help ? Pleeeese.

SKura1
Beginner

kbd is just an ordinary $5 usb kbd, not wireles.

SKura1
Beginner

Today, I have removed the battery. Also I editied bios (via ii toolkit), now it has fastboot disabled by default, longer wait time and usb on everyware. Problem is not resolved. fastboot is still working. Im going to install windows on my pc and try to use intel integration toolkit directly. In next few days, i will try another kbd, hoewever i m not sure it helps..

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

According to the original post, you updated the BIOS to the latest version 0076. Would you remember which the previous BIOS version was?

View solution in original post

SKura1
Beginner

Hello,

that's what I just did. I borrowed another kbd from my company's hw team and plugged it to my mini-server. And it works in bios. So - this is a kbd problem, bios probably cannot recognize it as a hid.

Problem is solved. Many thanks !

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

no problem.!!