cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel D2700DC - cant get video output with Intel EMGD 1.15 on Windows XP SP3

Hello,

I have Intel D2700DC board (HDMI+DVI) and I want to have DirectX 9 acceleration on Windows XP SP3. I tried various configurations of IEMGD and didnt get any positive results at all - I always have black screen (no signal) after reboot. My screen can be connected to both HDMI and DVI. I triead all port configurations and tried to use only DTD, without EDID. Result is the same - black screen after reboot. Also I have no signal, after installation of the driver and then changing the resolution (before reboot).

The only thing that I didnt try out is the CL register bits setting which is available on one of the pages of IEMGD. To set this I probably need help of Intel employee who can get these settings from BIOS.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Dmitriy Beykun

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Just to confirm, you get video as normal until you load the video driver and reboot? So, when no driver is installed, the you get video display through HDMI or the DVI ports, correct?

Are you using the latest BIOS version for this motherboard? This is posted here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22732&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A%09%09%0...

What is the model and brand of the display you are testing with?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Diego, yes I have video output before I install the Intel EMGD 1.15 generated driver package. IIRC, I have the latest BIOS.

Driver cant output anything when HDMI/DVI "change resolution" functions are invoked, i.e., when I try to change resolution after installing the driver before rebooting system or just when I boot the system and it naturally changes resolution on boot switching from VESA/VGA mode on driver load.

As I said, I tried many variants and could not get any output from HDMI or DVI using IEMGD. I tested it on two OEM brand monitors (this motherboard is intended to be use in the embedded applications). Both monitors work well with other hardware including notebooks/pcs/dev boards and etc., so problem is not in them, it is the HDMI/DVI resolution change/initialization routine wich is bugged. Also, as I said, I tried using hardcoded DTD for desired resolution which is 100% supported by my monitors, but this does not work either (this would solve the problem if it was in the EDID routine or something connected with EDID detection/parsing).

If you have any idea or need anything that can help (log files, debug output, etc..) I can provide it.

I was thinking about posting this to Intel Embedded Communities since this is "sort of" embedded board, but I dont have access to post there, unfortunately.

Thanks for answer,

Hope to get help.

Best Regards,

Dmitriy Beykun

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Let me further investigate on this and get back to you on this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Diego,

I doublechecked BIOS and it is latest available. I also caught another weird bug - after blackscreen appears after boot, in approx. 2-7 minutes screen starts to flash with "signal-no signal" sequence. It looks like driver tries to recover itself, brings up the DETECT pin on DVI/HDMI, fails, quits and tries again and again...

Also, please, try to investigate something in upcoming 2-3 days, after 10.06 I will be forced to stop this project because of this bug with video and trust in Intel boards/software support in my company will be lost.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

I have forwarded your concern to check what would be the appropriate channel of support for this concern as this may need to be done through the embedded community.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Diego,

Hope to get help soon, as deadline is really close.

Best Regards,

Dmitriy Beykun

0 Kudos