cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel D525mw wake on lan from S3 or S5

Hi all,

wake on lan works from ACPI S1 state but does not work from S3 nor S5. Tested with bios 080 and 132 on windows 7 and debian stretch.

Recent LAN drivers installed on both os.

LAN LEDs are turned of on s3 and s5 but on router the LED light for particular LAN port is on

any hint is more than welcome, I have spent weeks trying to solve this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

There are some links in this discussion that may be helpful: .

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Scott,

thanks for pointing me to that link. Unfortunatelly i have seent the discussion and associated links and it did not help.

"/message/272099# 272099 Disable S5 deep sleep for WoL on D525MW" points out that wake on lan on D525mw does not work.

Unlike Giacommo, i confirmed that bios update and downgrade does not help. i also veriefied that magic packet is properly propagated to the network since computer can wake from S1 state.

Links in the discussion refers to another manufacturer with the same chipset on board - GigaByte. Apparently, gigabyte motherboard with intel NM10 chipset is able to wake computer from sleep state but has some other issues.

From my end it looks that there is a bug in the d525mw bios - it ignores magic packet and wake from S5 simply does not work.

If the copmputer is in S1, i guess that BIOS is bypassed. Network card and OS cooperates well so computer can wake from S1.

Best...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

You are out of luck then. Since this system is long (long!) past its end-of-life and end-of-interactive-support dates and since Intel exited the Desktop Boards business a number of years ago, there is absolutely no chance that you will see a fix for this issue.

Sorry, but this is reality,

...S

0 Kudos