Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

Intel D5400XS stuck at POST code 34

idata
Community Manager

Good morning everyone,

I have a D5400XS (SkullTrail) with two QX9775's that's stuck on POST code 34. According to the documentation, it's trying to load the recovery capsule. I've tried everything I can think of, including removing all expansion cards and verifying that the video card works in another machine, etc. I even removed the RAM to see if I'd get beep codes (and I do) so I'm just thinking that something happened to the Flash. I've got the latest .BIO file on a black CD and I'm attempting a recovery mode flash now.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,

Ed

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

I got it. Turns out that it was a processor that wasn't properly installed. I removed both CPUs, cleaned all the old thermal grease off of them, and reinstalled with new grease. Everything is fine now.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

I got it. Turns out that it was a processor that wasn't properly installed. I removed both CPUs, cleaned all the old thermal grease off of them, and reinstalled with new grease. Everything is fine now.

View solution in original post