cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AA30
Beginner

Intel DG31GL Booting Problem

Hi,

PC with DG31GL Board doesn't turn on. It was on the Intel Splash Screen and stay on it. The CMOS Battery was dead and when I replace the battery it doesn't turn on.

I tried to enter into the bios setup using F1 and Delete keys and was unsuccessful.

There is no beep sounds, no display other than INTEL Logo.

USB Keyboard doesn't work. PS/2 Keyboard blink on startup and no keys including numlock/capslock was working.

Kindly suggest your ideas to fix this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Arun

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

On Intel desktop boards, it is the F2 key that you need to use to enter BIOS setup.

...S

AA30
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

But there is nothing happening. I tried all Function Keys and there is no response from the PC.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You probably need to clear and reinitialize CMOS and restore default in BIOS Setup. Unplug the system from the wall and remove the CR2032 battery for a half hour. Plug the battery back in and remove the BIOS jumper. Plug system into wall and press power button. Wait 10 seconds and then unplug the system from the wall again. Put the jumper back on the normal pins, plug the system into the wall and press the power button. Begin pressing the F2 key immediately and continue to do so until you get into BIOS Setup. Once in BIOS setup, press F9 to initialize the BIOS to defaults. Do a reboot then.

Hope this helps...

...Scott