Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JElli8
Beginner

Intel DG43GT Compatible ram

Hi, Just got this board second hand and set it up in a case this weekend. After I had it all set up, I was getting 3 beeps(ram). I know the ram works cause I just had it in a older case and it worked fine. So here is what I have:

2 sticks of 2GB DDR2(533Mhz) 1.8v Non-ECC

2 sticks of 1GB DDR2(667Mhz) 1.8v Non-ECC

So far I am only able to get the 1GB sticks working. This is the first Dual Channel motherboard I have had so maybe I'm doing something wrong there... If I am unable to get all 6GB of ram working, Then I would prefer to get the 533Mhz ram working as I have more of it. I know product spec say to only use 667 or 800 but I am assuming 533 still works. Am I wrong? Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, GLE3:

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Communities.

The maximum amout of RAM that you could get in this Motherboard would be: 8 GB

The memory types supported would be DDR2 667/800 non ECC any memory within those specs should work properly.

Regarding the memory channel configuration, my recommendation would be to check the link below, page 36, there you would be able to find a diagram with the memory configurations to achieve the dual channel configuration.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/17807/eng/DG43GT_ProductGuide01_English.pdf https://downloadmirror.intel.com/17807/eng/DG43GT_ProductGuide01_English.pdf

Regards,

Esteban C

JElli8
Beginner

Ok thanks, I have given up on the 533 Mhz. I assumed all variants of DDR2 were compatible even though intel doesn't say so.

Now, to the 667 I have. 2 sticks 1GB a piece.

I can only seem to put the sticks in DIMM 1 (channel A and B)

I get 3 beeps if I move them to the blue slots (DIMM 2). Would that mean the ram slots are faulty?

EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, GLE3:

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, the supported RAM would be within the specs advised before.

The first DIMM slot to be populated would be DIMM 0 (blue ones)

Chances are that you have a bad DIMM slot(s) if populated and not working.

Regards,

Esteban C

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

It doesn't necessarily mean that the slots are faulty. What happens if you put both DIMMs in Channel A? Channel B?

EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, GLE3:

This is to follow up on this inquiry you posted in our communities.

If you require further information or support, please do advise us.

Regards,

Esteban C