Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11359 Discussions

Intel DG45ID motherboard: What is the best memory modules?

idata
Community Manager

I was told that when Windows 7 was released, that it handles memory somewhat different, and it may be necessary to get the exact timings manually set-up in BIOS, and/or change the memory module, brand and model number. What is the fastest and best quality memory for this motherboard that gets the timing synced up right with the motherboard so there is no blue screens of death that say memory_management or th elike?

6 Replies
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

This is what Intel says about the matter: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg45id/sb/CS-029147.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg45id/sb/CS-029147.htm but I've personally had no problems whatsoever on my DG45ID using 2 x 2GB Corsair TwinX 4GB TWIN2X4096-6400C5 modules under Windows 7 (32 Bit). As long as your memory has spd, this should tell the board the required timings and absolutely zero configuration was required for mine.

RGiff
Honored Contributor I

I have two DG45ID board sys. and I've been using Gskil DDR2-800 For about two years , they work perfect, the SPD sets the right volts and timing, Running cool and stable. With a Q9550.

RGiff
Honored Contributor I

P/S I'am running 8 Gigs on the DG45ID.

idata
Community Manager

I have 16GB of OCZ Gold (4 x OCZ2G8008GK)

Thought it would be great to have 16GB of DDR2 and bought this when memory prices dipped a couple of months back. Unfortunately there is minimal difference in performance between 8GB and 16GB as most programs I use won't use all the memory available.

Memory performs very well. I've always bought OCZ.

RGiff
Honored Contributor I

GO to CTRL / ALT / Delete . Look at the performance tab and see how much RAM are you using I'll Bet you aren't using more than 3 Gigs??

idata
Community Manager

@Robert Gifford

Was this in response to my post?

At the moment the PC is virtually idle so my usage is:

Available 5419MB

Cached 1612MB

Total 7387MB

Installed 8192MB

and yes I am running 64 bit lol. I removed 2 4gig sticks to beef up my server.