Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel DG45i1D Motherboard BIOS update failed

I have Advent Desktop PC QC7003,given to me by my Grandson,has Intel DG45I1D Motherboard with Intel CORE 2 Quad Q8200 CPU. 8GB DDR2 Memory,Nvidia GT-240 PCI Eepress Graphics Card.

I have noticed the the BIOS has never been updated and is IDG45I1H.86A.0090.2008.0924.1800 according to Intel Support the latest BIOS is 0135 of 2011?.

Whwn I try and instali this using Windows exe method I am told that this BIOS is not the correct one for my Motherboard? Can anyone advise me where I am going wrong here?

Your advise help would be most appreciated..Thank you for looking at this question Michael

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I suggest that you download the .BIO file and attempt to install it. Processes are documented here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005547.html?wapkw=b... Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Update Instructions. If you have issues, you could try also using the Recovery Method, documented here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005630.html?wapkw=bios+recovery Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello:

Thank you very much to N. Scott Pearson for the information posted above.

To michael0903:

I just wanted to confirm that above information as correct, the latest BIOS version for the board is in fact 0135, and also I wanted to let you know that most of the customers use the F7 method to do a BIOS update, you can see the instructions of how to do it on the links provided previously.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Good Morning..Thanks for your replies,after reading the notes on Bios Update 0135,I have decided that as my current system is working ok, even after the upgrade from Vista 64 bit to Windows 7 64 bit,I will leave well alone and not risk a bad flash and complete meltdown.But I appreciate all help given which has assisted me in coming to my decision ..Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello ichael0903:

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Perfect, no problem, we will always respect the decisions from the peers on this or on any other thread.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos