Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KKhan14
Beginner

Intel DG965SS

Iwanted to ask if the Intel DG​965SS can support Quad core CPUs. I head that the last bios update in 2008 made it possible. But I am not aure

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

AlHill
Super User

Then, believe what you want. The only supported processors are those in the link I provided. If you use some other processor, it "may" function (partially).

For a mediocre board that old, I fail to see the point of even trying.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I would trust the official Intel processor compatibility list before anything from Tom's Hardware. It's Intel's board design, after all...

...S

pantsi01
Novice

You can try one in the same fsb speed as the motherboard (1066) and tell us the news...i m in search too.
pantsi01
Novice

Someony who tried and worked a cpu EXCEPT intels supported cpus?

AlHill
Super User

Using a processor that is not on the supported list is asking for trouble.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

pantsi01
Novice

YES! you got another answer why i m still using that Mobo 

AlHill
Super User

I sure wish I could make sense of what you are saying.

I am telling you that using a processor that is not supported by the bios, while you may think it is working, is opening the door for failure, and possibly damaging your precious board.  There is no point in doing so. 

Throughout all of your postings, you have not clearly defined what your goal is and what you hope to achieve with a 15-year old board.

If you cannot express your goal/problem in English, write it in your native language (with detail) and we will try to help you.

You have the bios files, you know what processors are supported, so there is no point in continuing this discussion.

pantsi01
Novice

I asked 2 different questions in 2 different threads.

1. Have anyone tried installing a non-recomended cpu on this motherboard?

2. Does anyone know where i can get ALL bios versions?

-I was clear enough. All the other things you wrote are not relevant with my questions so there is no need to switch to my native.
AlHill
Super User

Question 1:  Try it yourself.  However, I recommend against it for the reasons I previously provided.  Now, when you start installing non-supported processors, and your board stops working, you will have only yourself to blame.

Question 2:  You do not need ALL bios versions.  You want all of them, look for them yourself.

You have an unsupported board, and unsupported processor, and you are likely running XP.  There is no further support you can get from here.

pantsi01
Novice

LOL...as the time passes you re getting more funny and arogant.
You re NOT helping in here so stop comment your opinions and do something else.
AlHill
Super User

I have provided the best answers you will get.  The bios files are not located here, so you will have to look for them elsewhere.   The supported processor list is located here, and no one  will recommend a non-supported processor and risk breaking your board.

You can LOL all you want, but these are the answers, and your demands will not change that.

pantsi01
Novice

The answers you provided are listed on intel's site so you didnt help at all. Being creative and trying new things that may work because some processors came out right after this mobo doesnt mean they are not supported! People have done it as far i understood and i am on a search for it. I simply dont care damaging a 15 year old mobo. At least i will know its limits by my self. Over.