Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

Intel DH55TC MoBo hangs at BIOS screen with POST code EB for 2 Minutes. Please Help!!!

JBell8
Beginner

Hi Fellas,

It's been a mess since I switched to LGA 1155 board as the motherboard takes 2 freaking minutes to load the OS. Following is the on screen process of this issue :-

1. As soon as I switch on the System Unit the BIOS screen pops up with Immediate POST code EB.

2. Gets Stuck for 2 Minutes.

3. Displays F2(BIOS) & F10(Boot Options) with Post Code 98

4. Displays POST code BA.

5. Loads The OS.

My PC Specs :-

I've been using a nVidia GeFore GT520 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card Since 4-5 Years on my LGA775 Board Dual Core Series (DG41TY) & it ran smoothly without any issues, Connected on this board as well.

8 GB RAM (2GB x 4 RAM SLOTS)

i3 530 CPU @ 2.93Ghz

320 GB Internal WD HDD

2TB WD External HDD 3.0

I Noticed when the system unit boots the external HDD LED flashes for a little more while than usual.

Please HELP me to fix this issue.

Immediate reply will be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JBell8
Beginner

P.S. :- I've just flashed by BIOS to the lastest INTEL BIOS update [TCIBX10H.86A] but the same glitch persists.

Please suggest a way out of this concern ASAP.

CAlli4
Beginner

No response from Intel or others with the problem - dissapointing? Have the same problem since I replaced the bios battery in my Intel DQ35JO with a Q6600 processor. Need a fix soonest please. Chris A