Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDain1
Beginner

Intel DH61CR Motherboard External Graphics Issues

So I started building a PC for a client and the video card will not put out any video (Asus Strix R7 370 4GB) when I put it in this system, I have tested several different power supplies the card works fine in any other system I throw it in I tried disabling onboard video still nothing, I set the main video to the only PCI-E 16x slot on the board still no video, I changed the main video adapter to (PEG) in the bios still no video.

Note: I threw in the most basic video card with no external power I had and it gave video so I know the PCI-E slot on the board is not dead, It seems any video card with an external power I have tried (r7 370) (r7 260) does not work

Motherboard: Intel Motherboard DH61CR G14064-208

CPU: i5 2400

Ram: 8GB Hynix 1333mhz desktop memory

Power Supply: 500W EVGA 80+ Bronze PSU

I'm open to any suggestions thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I have seen a fair number of these, where a 3.0 card claims to be backward compatible with 2.0 boards. It is an issue of not being fully backward compatible, where the card vendor has not fully tested such backward compatibility.

We know that there are some cards that work, and some that do not. Other than incompatibility, power supply problems, board failing, etc.

There are cases where board vendors will include support for only UEFI boot (and not Legacy boot, which most old systems are using).

There are also cases where the support for UEFI in the BIOS is not up to date with the version of UEFI supported in the Boot ROMs.

Doc

JDain1
Beginner

So I am guessing there is no way around this?

AlHill
Super User

You can check the UEFI/Legacy boot on the motherboard, or you can check if with the manufacturer of the card, or you can get a card that really is backward compatible. I would be inclined to try a nvidia-based card (as long as the source has a good return policy).

Doc