Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel DH61ZE can't Update Bios from 0099 to 0120. ME version in bios show 0.0.0.0

Hey there, i actually have an Intel DH61ZE. The BIOS version was 0036 so i updated to 0048 and then to 0099 version. They both went succesfull. Then in tried install 0120 bios but i got error that "Unsoppurted legacy bios" and as i was looking in the bios for hints i saw that the me version was shown as 0.0.0.0, The desktop is working fine and i'm actually posting from that same computer that has this board. But i just want to update the bios to the latest version. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Reinstall BIOS 99, but this time use the BIOS Recovery process.​ There are a number of other conversations where additional instructions are provided. Try searching for DH61WW.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hey there, thanks for the reply, i actually did try re installing the bios 0099, i tried iflash and it just turned off and nothing after that then I restarted it normally. I also tried the bios recovery but as soon as i choose the bio file, the screen freezes and nothing happens until i force reboot it. I'll also lookup the term you suggested but is there anything else i can try? Thanks​

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Re: "Choose the bio file" -- that's not BIOS Recovery; there's no choosing involved.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hey there thank you so much, i just got to know you can go into recovery by removing the jumper on the board. Thanks, the me and mac are fixed and board has latest bios. Thank you for the help.​

Ps:- for anyone else looking to fix this, refer to your manual and go into bios recovery using the jumper method and have a usb with latest bios with it. It works like a chark​

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Glad you have it working.

For future reference, the complete bios recovery written by @n.scott.pearson​  can be found here:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004HIiQ1SAL/unable-to-update-bios-past-0035-dh61cr

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos