Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GGaya1
Beginner

Intel DH67BL Ram Problem

Jump to solution

Hello Friends,

I use Intel DH67BL Motherboard.According to its http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/desktop/dh67bl/dh67bl_productg... Manual it supports DDR3 - 1333 (Max) 4GB Ram.I'm currently using DDR3 - 1333 4GB ram.So if i buy another DDR3 - 1600 4GB ram can i use it with my current ram ?

Waiting for an answer !

Thank you !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello vidyarathna,

Yes, you can add another stick of ram within the specs DDR3 1066/1333

It is recommended to get a set of RAM for the system when upgrading memory, this means to purchase a package of 2 sticks of RAM with the same model and size, this is to make sure they are going to work well together.

Still, you can add a second stick of memory (DDR3 - 1600 4GB) and it should work fine.

One thing to consider while installing it, check the dual channel memory configuration guidelines.

This board has 4 DIMM slots, a dual channel memory configuration will use DIMM 1 and DIMM 2 populated.

Here a screenshot of the configuration you should use:

If any additional support is required, feel free to let me know :)

Regards,

Esteban C

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello vidyarathna,

Yes, you can add another stick of ram within the specs DDR3 1066/1333

It is recommended to get a set of RAM for the system when upgrading memory, this means to purchase a package of 2 sticks of RAM with the same model and size, this is to make sure they are going to work well together.

Still, you can add a second stick of memory (DDR3 - 1600 4GB) and it should work fine.

One thing to consider while installing it, check the dual channel memory configuration guidelines.

This board has 4 DIMM slots, a dual channel memory configuration will use DIMM 1 and DIMM 2 populated.

Here a screenshot of the configuration you should use:

If any additional support is required, feel free to let me know :)

Regards,

Esteban C

View solution in original post

GGaya1
Beginner

Thank you.

I found DDR3 - 1333 4GB Ram stick .

By the way my new ram stick does not support (PASR) !. Is that an important feature/must have fearure ?

idata
Community Manager

Hello vidyarathna,

This seems to be a low power feature added in some mobile memory (as per https://www.micron.com/~/media/documents/products/technical-note/dram/e0597e10.pdf https://www.micron.com/~/media/documents/products/technical-note/dram/e0597e10.pdf)

I believe this is not required for the system to work fine

Regards,

Esteban C
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is one of those Micron-would-like-you-to-think-it-is-a-must-have-feature things...

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback provided, Scott.

Regards,

Esteban C