cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZwic2
Beginner

Intel DH87RL black screen with GTX1080, windows 10 runs fine

Hi,

I recently changed my dedicated graphics card on my Intel DH87RL motherboard with i7-4771 CPU. My new card is a Inno3D Geforce GTX1080. My old card was a Asus GTX970.

With the new card, my monitor shows no signal while booting to windows. The first visible thing on the monitor is the windows 10 Logon Screen.

The monitor is connected via Display Port.

Whats wrong with the bios or the settings? I use the latest bios. Without the Nvidia card, the integrated graphics works as usual.

tia,

Andreas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

If the old GTX970 worked and the GTX1080 does not, you have a driver issue or compatibility issue with the GTX1080.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Let me restate that: If the old GTX970 card worked fine but the GTX1080 card does not work until Windows, then there is an incompatibility between this GTX1080 card and the BIOS. Unfortunately, since this board has been end-of-lifed (as a result of Intel exiting the desktop boards business), there is little (if any) chance of this BIOS issue being fixed.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news (Doc and I get to do this a lot)...

...S

P.S. You are running on the latest available BIOS release, right? If not, put the old card back in the system, update the BIOS to the latest and then see if the new card will work (unfortunately, there is still nothing that can be done about it if you find that it doesn't)...

AlHill
Super User

Also, it may be that the firmware on the GTX1080 needs to be updated, Check with the card manufacturer.

Just a thought.

Doc

AZwic2
Beginner

Hi guys, thanks for your answers. My problem is solved.

I connected a second monitor via HDMI. The second monitor shows the Bios screen. I disabled the UEFI boot and saved the settings. Now the bios screen / post works with the display port connected monitor only.

Very strange.