cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PCust
Beginner

Intel DN2800MT big issue

Dear Intel Support Team

I've got issue with desktop mainboard Intel DN2800MT. PC has worked as NAS server (24h/7).

Once upon a time, my PC has not stated - diode is blinking when I trying to start and nothing else happens.

What have I tried to resolve this problem:

- Reset BIOS

- Run PC without DDR's

- Was tested with different DDR's

- Was tested with different power adapters

Power adapters are working fine with other of my Intel's mainboards - so i suppose that's not the problem.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
NSCOTT_P_Intel
Employee

CyberBob32,

It sounds like you have tried all of the standard things. The only thing I can think of is to ask you what you included in your BIOS "reset". Did you include removing the battery for an hour or so to completely clear the CMOS? This sometimes gets boards going (modern BIOSs don't use CMOS for much other than the clock, but this still helps sometimes). You can also try doing a recovery install of the latest BIOS release (do it regardless of whether or not this release was already installed)...

...Scott

PCust
Beginner

Hello

The option of battery is successful

Thanks a motherboard work
NSCOTT_P_Intel
Employee

That's good to hear! As I said, in this day and age, we use Flash memory for BIOS variable storage. We don't (consciously) use CMOS for anything other than the system clock. Alas, there appears to be legacy code somewhere in our BIOS that still clings to it. There's no rhyme or reason to it but clearing CMOS sometimes fixes the problem - and this is one of those cases!

...S

HBert1
Beginner

hello, i have the same board dn2800mt intel original and a low power pci x1 card (nvidia quadro nvs 400, with tpd max 17WW.) i have the same problem, errorcode 43, device could not be startet. i have win7 32bit, 4 gb ram. the system works perfect whitout the card, but intelgraphic is tooo slow. the card works peefect on other systems. i have tested with external power from 12v sata, but no different, also errorcode43,_device not startet... could you help me?

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi

Have you tried the steps mention above?

• Reset BIOS
  • Run PC without DDR's
  • Was tested with different DDR's
  • Was tested with different power adapters
  • Remove the battery from the motherboard for about half an hour.

Regards!

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You're saying that the board works fine without the x1 PCIe Graphics card installed but not with it installed? Have you checked the BIOS Setup setting for Primary Video Adapter (in Configuration/Video scene) to ensure it is set to either Auto (preferred) or External PCIe Graphics? If it's not set this way, the PCIe Graphics card is not going to be activated.

(You'll have to check this with the PCIe Graphics card removed)

Hope this helps,

...Scott

n_scott_pearson

Another thought - the PCIe Graphics card *must* be compatible with the PCIe 1.0a specification. If its expectations/requirements are higher, it isn't going to work...

HBert1
Beginner

i have set only pcie in bios, and then i tested with pcie prefered and so on. the system works with slow graphic, and te nvidia quadro nvs300 works only in safe mode. couldn't be started because errorcode43. in other boards, the nvs300 works fine!!!

IUman
Honored Contributor II

To me it looks like a compatibility issue, I'm not sure if you have the latest BIOS version, you can try updating the BIOS, you can download the latest version here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24672/BIOS-Update-MTCDT10N-86A- Download BIOS Update [MTCDT10N.86A]

You can follow the BIOS update instructions at the following link:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-030144.htm Desktop Boards — Instructions for F7 BIOS Flash Update

Regards!

n_scott_pearson

A quick check online would seem to indicate that PCIe 2.0 support is required to use this card. This SOC only supports PCIe 1.0a.

...S

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Thank you N.Scott.Pearson for the information you kindly provided.