Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Intel DP43BF will not boot - tries but no go...

Put together a new system (basic) - Intel DP43BF, Intel Core2 Duo E7500... plug 'er in, MOBO green power light on, press Power On button, CPU and case fans start momentarily and then stop (MOBO green power light still on). Press Power on again, nothing. Shut case power off a few seconds, then power back on, same as before, split second fan movement. Went through the standard troubleshooting - check power supply (new Corsair), remove/reseat CPU (yes, it is a compatable one), check and double-check all re-connections (2x2 pwr; Mobo pwr, Video card, RAM 2x2gig (in the correct channel slots, A), removed and seated CMOS battery, checked BIOS jumper (1-2 normal); Checked SATA cable to single HD and pwr to HD. No tamper switch on case...

Same results, momentary power to the fans nothing more, and the MOBO green light remains on.

Saw a couple similar posts for this power problem, but no results...

Any ideas on this dilema?

Thanks,

stunn71

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Re: Intel DP43BF will not boot - tries but no go...

I get the same exact symptoms from my board. Brand new, just installed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III
1 View

Those are pretty classic symptoms of a Power Supply Over Current trip.

I would try

1) reducing the load - unplug anything that is not nessaery to POST. (HDD, CD, video card.)

2) check for shorts or board grounding on the chassis / mounting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

update to my previous posting..

So, I was trying to use a non dual-core CPU. I had Corsair XM3 RAM and a 2.8Ghz 1M 800mhz cpu(non-dual core)

I pulled a Core2 Duo 6400 from a working PC and got 3beeps(memory error, I believe). I swapped the Corsair XM3 RAM out with a generic Kingston DDR3 RAM 1GB stick.

I think my problem was using a non-compatible CPU and RAM. I was able to get Windows XP installed and updated to the latest bios, but the board still would not post with the non dual-core CPU.

Hope this helps.

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Turned out to be more than one problem... first, the power supply was not putting out the correct voltages (needed a multimeter to check the connector)... got that replaced and still the same problem... now it turned out the hard drive was also bad... talk about bad luck... started to install Win XP Pro... failed more than once... had to temp. disable one of the duo core processors... worked like a charm... didn't forget to re-activate the duo-core after XP install complete... thanks for your input...

stunn71

0 Kudos