cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel DP55KG 0_ error on boot after GPU replace

Jump to solution

Recently i have bought a new Graphics Card a Gigabyte GV-R939G1 GAMING-8GD, after the hardware installation I've boot the computer and the boot stuck in the BIOS. When i disable UEFI and change it to Legacy, i have a black screen after the post with a '0_' in the right bottom of the screen. I have removed all of the old graphicscard drivers with DDU and installed the new drivers. Tried to change the VCCS between 1.1 - 1.3.

Still have a '0_' error in the right bottom of the screen.

MOBO: Intel DP55KG (BIOS Version: KGIBX10J.86A.5936.2011.0630.2250, 30-6-2011)

CPU: Intel Core i7 870

HDD1: 128GB SSD (OS installed on this SSD.

HDD2&3: Both 1TB in RAID0.

RAM: 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-1600

PSU: TN7RX003 Aerocool AE-750 (750 Watt)

Old Graphics Card: Asus EAH6850

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Classic problem: Old motherboard, new graphics card.

Yes, the graphics card will claim backward compatibility, but in recent times this has been a hit or miss issue, mostly miss.

There is no way your board, manufactured more than seven years ago, could predict the future of graphics cards. There is no bios update that will help.

However, you should be dealing with Gigabyte, as they have the ability to modify their firmware to correct problems, if they really want to be backward compatible.

Solution, other than Gigabyte correcting their firmware, is to get a new motherboard, or a graphics card that really is compatible with your board.

Also, it makes little sense (to me) to have a seven year old board and a nice shiny new graphics card that has to operate in a degraded mode (PCIe 2.0). I would want a board that supports PCIe 3.0, so the new graphics card could perform at its best.

By the way, your processor is not supported on Windows 10;.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Unfortunately, these are the symptoms of a compatibility problem. These new graphics cards make expectations of the hardware and software/firmware that boards this old cannot meet. One requirement, for example, is support for PCIe 3.0 (your board only supports PCIe 2.0).

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I am glad you have the graphics card working.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Al Hill, N. Scott Pearson, thanks for the assistance.

To: WaterPump

Hello WaterPump,

I am glad to know that you were able to solve your concern.

For further questions do not hesitate to visit our /community/tech Intel® Support Communities.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos