I have recently replaced an old faulty Sapphire HD 5850 card with new Asus Radeon R9 270 card. The problem is that on boot, my computer shows an Intel screen and then will get stuck - the only thing that shows up on display is "0_" text in the bottom right corner. The LED display on motherboard shows "00", no beeps.
I have the most recent BIOS installed, OS is Windows 7 64-bit.
Intel Core i7-860
Do you have any suggestion what to try, or how to fix it?.
Hello Novakp33, thanks a lot for posting your question at Intel Communities.
Here are our recommendations for this issue:
- Please, place the board over a non-conducting surface. Just plug in the power supply, the video card and the processor, and try to boot up.
- Test the system without memory installed looking for beep codes.
-Remove the CMOS battery and leave the system without it for about an hour. Then put it back on and restart the system
- make sure you have the latest firmware available for your video card.
- Try testing another video card in order to find out if this is a compatibility problem.
Hi novakp33, I have some suggestions and each one may represent a solution:
- The POST code 00 usually means ready to boot. Try another boot drive to see if there is a problem with your operating system or tap F8 to attempt entering safe mode.
- Reset BIOS settings to default. Remember to verify the SATA mode setting before completing this step.
- Update the graphics card firmware.
I have the same problem as the original post, but I am trying to use aAsus Radeon R9 260 card . If I put in the old HD5850 video card the system will boot up. Is there a bio setting I need to change for the new card to work? Is the new Asus Radeon R9 260 card defective?