Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel DP67BA or DP67BAB3. Do they have the ability to raise cpu ratio to overclock i5 2500k?

Jump to solution

I want to buy Intel DP67BA or DP67BAB3. But i don't know they support overclocking or no?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

The answer is yes, but this answer has to be qualified...

I have heard (alas only second-hand) that, if you install the later BIOS releases - which add support for 3rd generation processors - the support for the overclocking of 2nd generation processors is more limited. Whether this will affect what you want to do is dependent upon the changes that you wish to make. Just raising the CPU ratio should still be supported.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

The answer is yes, but this answer has to be qualified...

I have heard (alas only second-hand) that, if you install the later BIOS releases - which add support for 3rd generation processors - the support for the overclocking of 2nd generation processors is more limited. Whether this will affect what you want to do is dependent upon the changes that you wish to make. Just raising the CPU ratio should still be supported.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor II

Hello karnoloster,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

1. N. Scott Pearson is right you can overclock with this motherboard and using that k processor.

Please bear in mind that overclocking will void the warranty for your unit, please see https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html How to Overclock Your CPU with Unlocked Intel® Processors

See Product and Performance Information at the bottom of the page.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos