Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AVers1
Beginner

Intel DP67DE Motherboard BIOS Recovery

I have a old Intel DP67DE MB that is bricked and recovery won't work, I need the 4MB bin BIOS file for re-flashing the SPI, there any where I can get this? There is no post beeps and nothing is display after doing a BIOS update, removing the jumper to go into recovery mode didn't work, still nothing and resetting CMOS, so my only option is to re-program the BIOS and can't use the Bio files.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello mrsmith64,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

At this point the only available download for BIO we have it at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21525/BIOS-Update-BAP6710H-86A- Download BIOS Update [BAP6710H.86A]

To do a BIOS recovery you can follow the instructions here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005630.html Recovery BIOS Update Instructions for Boards and Kits

Best regards,

Ivan

AVers1
Beginner

Thank you Ivan, I did try removing the jumper like the link you posted and it would just be a blank screen, try with the Bios file on a USB flash drive and then tried on a CD.

I even unplugged everything leaving just the psu, graphic card plugged into the motherboard and still nothing, I remove CMOS battery for a while too.

At this point I end up ordering another motherboard like it used since it is a old motherboard and found while waiting for it to ship a way to put together a spi programmer using a parallel cable, it was for a Asus board but figure out the pin layout to get the method to work with the Intel board, I had to use a binary file, I end up getting that off the working used motherboard and got it working that way.

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for the information you have shared with us and I hope you can have a better experience with your system from now on.

Best regards,

Ivan