Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMohs6
Beginner

Intel DQ35JOE help

I bought the Intel DQ35JOE and put a Q9505 into it, but when I installed my GTX 560 ti (or FirePro v5900) into it and tried to boot, it gets to the intel screen and shows a 5a at the bottom and doesn’t leave that screen. It does boot however if I use an HD 3450 or integrated graphics. I found a work around by unplugging my hard drive before the screen then once on it, plug the hard drive back in. But I wanted a permanent fix. So I updated the bios. It was all going well until it restarted and all my screen showed was an underscore at the top left. So I put the jumper to configure and it boots perfectly fine into the bios. But on normal stuck on that screen. Another weird thing is that the C2 quad ran at 1933 MHz instead of the usual 2.83 ghz. I tried a CPU benchmark and the clock speed didn’t change. I used to have a q6600 in there but I didn’t pay much attention to the clock speed.

I also have another board that was working perfectly fine until I booted it up after a while unplugged and I get 3 long beeps. I know that means memory so I tried every combination of my 14 sticks of ram to see if that can change. Nope. Can’t even get to bios with the jumper on configure or recovery.

And I have a Lepa 500w power supply so power shouldn’t be an issue.

I wonder if I should just get a 1366 board and use the Xeon x5660.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your video card problem is likely related to backward compatibility issues.

Just because you have a 500w power supply does not it is not faulty.

I do not really know where to start with your post, as you have so many problems, which are not clearly defined.

As far as the DQ35JOE board, it is more than 12 years old. What do you hope to achieve with this old board and old processors?

You have old boards, old processors, old memory (and memory issues), and perhaps power supply issues. It may be time for you to face reality and find a recycle bin.

Doc

MMohs6
Beginner

The power supply is basically brand new I was using it in my main system for a couple weeks without much issues.

and I’m trying to make the best midrange computer from 2009 - 2011

MMohs6
Beginner

And with so many problems, how about the bios update? It’s stuck hereimage.jpg

AlHill
Super User

your board takes you back to 2007.

As far as bios updates, all of these components are discontinued and there is not much out there. You can find the latest bios here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19638/BIOS-Update-JOQ3510J-86A-?product=50382

Doc

MMohs6
Beginner

The CPU and graphics card aren’t from 2008.

and this occurred as a result of updating the bios. I thought that would fix the boot problem.

AlHill
Super User

Not sure I get your point. Whatever the case, good luck moving forward.

Doc

MMohs6
Beginner

I’m saying I already updated to latest BIOS. This is what happened after it restarted.

AlHill
Super User

And I am saying there are not other bios versions out there. You updated the bios, thinking it would correct an issue with your graphics card, and it did not. If there were older bios files available, I would point you to them.

Doc

MMohs6
Beginner

What about a custom bios?

AlHill
Super User

Intel ceased making desktop boards in 2013. For those last boards, for as much as we would like a bios update, the staff that did bios updates are gone or have been redeployed. Short answer - It is not going to happen.

Doc

MMohs6
Beginner

Could I downgrade the firmware back?

AlHill
Super User

You will need the previous/older bios files, which are not available. I would stay away from those driver download sites if you are thinking of trying that.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

I have sent an email to see if it is possible to get an older version posted. Do not hold your breath.

Doc

MMohs6
Beginner

Ok if I were to get a hold of an older bios, how would I downgrade?

AlHill
Super User

MMohs6
Beginner

Thats recovery for latest firmware. It even says,

• "Downgrading the BIOS to an earlier version is not recommended and may not be supported. An earlier BIOS version may not contain the support for the latest processors, bug fixes, critical security updates, or support the latest board revisions currently manufactured.'

MMohs6
Beginner

Should i try a reinstall?

AlHill
Super User

Just be patient. "Downgrading the BIOS to an earlier version is not recommended and may not be supported" You can forget a new or custom bios. Your only option is to downgrade.

So, stop with all the posting, and wait until we find out if getting an older bios is possible.,

Right now, I would recommend you abandon this project as it obviously requires a significant amount of effort and skill, for little to be gained.

Doc

MMohs6
Beginner

I cant quit now and i wont. I will also search for a way to get older bios or to reinstall the current one. ill also try different cpu and ram.

AlHill
Super User

Good luck. I am no longer following this thread.

Doc