Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

Intel DQ57TM board not accepting i7-870

I have a Intel DQ57TM board e70931-402 and according to the owners manual and board specifications It supports the i7 legacy SLBJG chips so I purchased an i7-870 to upgrade to from the i3-530 but when I install the new processor I get 2 - 1 second beeps then pauses 2.5 seconds. I have followed all support I can find and according to the boards specifications. The beeps say that could be memory mapping or unsupported processor, I have ruled out memory as the original processor still boots and according to the board spec's the new i7-870 is a supported processor and I have even updated the bios. I am lost as to what the problem could be is there anyone that may be able to give some advise how to resolve or would this mean that the new i7-870 processor is bad?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

You found a "new" nine year old processor?

https://ark.intel.com/products/41315/Intel-Core-i7-870-Processor-8M-Cache-2_93-GHz Intel® Core™ i7-870 Processor (8M Cache, 2.93 GHz) Product Specifications

If the board runs the previous processor, and runs the memory of the previous processor, and the bios is at the latest on the board, then you may have a bad processor.

Unfortunately, the board and processor are no longer supported.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I realize that it's not supported any longer and was not asking Intel for support thank you for reminding me what I already knew... I was simply asking the question to the community as to what I thought may be the problem and if the product specifications of the board were correct as I was reading them! In the future I will not ask questions here again... thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I understood what you were asking. However, you did not answer my question. Is the processor new or used?

If you purchased a used processor, was it known to be good, or not? You may have been sold a bad used processor.

That is key to this discussion.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos