Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPoto
Beginner

Intel DQ77MK Board after updating bios usb port are down, and no video signal

Okay the bios on the board were the original factory (from 2012,) and I needed to update it to fix some issues, I downloaded and installed successfully "MKQ7710H.86A", but after the reboot the usb ports failed to work, and I get no signal from my Graphic Card nor the DVI ports on the motherboard (even after removing the card.) There are no beeps the fans spin, my tower lights up, but No Signal, No USB, and no Hard Drive Activity. I tried resting the COMOS nothing Tried BIOS Recovery it Just keeps resetting itself (most likely from not being able to read the USB drive.) So any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Try clearing CMOS again. This time, disconnect power completely and remove battery for 15 minutes or longer.

...S

JPoto
Beginner

I did and I am going to leave it off until the morning. This is the first time this kind of thing happened (and I've be working on PCs since the mid 90's) Anyway I will update the results tomorrow cause I really don't want to have to find another board....but thanks for the speedy reply.

JPoto
Beginner

Well I woke up put the battery back in, but at first it looked like it did not work, until I noticed while the keyboard that was plugged in the back did not work the usb ports on the case did (the 2.0 ones) I tried the original firmware that was on it to downgrade # 48 nothing happened so I used # 34 something happened the power light started to blink 1s on 1s off for five minutes then solid on. I pushed the power button off then back on it worked, but it would only let me use the firmware update of the bios I decided to update so instead of using the version that caused this whole mess # 72 I decided to update it with # 71 and it worked.

So basically the firmware # 72 knock out every port until after removing the battery not for 20 minutes like the first time but a a lot longer (8 hours for me) then it only allowed me to use the usb 2.0 ports on my case so I can use the bios recovery with # 34 only with no visuals except for a blinking power light to indicate if it's working or done. Also note that it will not auto shutdown you must do that yourself. Then I could update to whatever firmware I wanted so in this case I used # 71. I am going to avoid # 72 until I come across a spare DQ77MK so I can see if this was all a rare thing or if there is a bug in that firmware.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

There can be issues if you jump up too many BIOS revisions all at once. Now that you have BIOS 71 running, you should be able to proceed with upgrades to later BIOS. If the problem(s) come back when you do, you can always use the Recovery Method (documented here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005630.html?wapkw=bios+recovery Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions) to revert back to BIOS 71 (unless release notes specifically say this cannot be done).

...S