cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel DQ77MK Motherboard

Hi,

I recently purchased bulk (new) Intel DQ77MK motherboard from Amazon. I understand that this board is discontinued (2012) but I'm encountering a problem and I would like to know if the board I got is defected or not.

My Motherboard has a BIOS Version 54 (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/desktop/dq77mk/dq77mk_techpro... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/desktop/dq77mk/dq77mk_techpro...)

CPU: Intel i7-3770 (Non K Version)

RAM: 16GB (4 x 4)

Power Supply: 600W

I installed Nvidia GTX 580 in PCIE x16 3.0 slot and system boots into BIOS. Under "Performance" tab, I just enabled the OC but left everything default. Reboot the system and I got 2 beeps - pause - 2 beeps (with no display). By looking at my motherboard manual, this means that video failed. Originally I thought that my Nvidia card is bad so I replaced the graphic card with ATI. I observed the same behavior. Then I thought that gaming graphic card might not be supported, so I replaced the ATI with regular EVGA graphic card and I observed the same behavior.

So I removed my graphic card and used the CPU and on-board graphic. System boots and I was able to get into BIOS and disable OC under "Performance" tab.

I was wondering if someone from here can help me to figure out:

• If my motherboard is faulty
  • OR my Power Supply doesn't have enough Watt that causes the system to behave like this (I left everything in default after enabling OC)
  • OR it is something else that is beyond my knowledge

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

What do you mean you enabled OC? Either you overclocked the configuration or you didn't. If you did, this could certainly cause issues with graphics cards.

Now that you have disabled the settings change, do any of the graphics cards work?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. Under "Performance" tab, I need to press enable/yes (to pass Warning Message) to see the options for OC. I only enabled it but didn't change any settings and all the settings shows the default value that system picked up.

By just enabling that option, all my graphic cards stopped working (Nvidia GTX 580, AMD Radeon 7700, EVGA non-gaming graphic card). During POST I get 2 beeps-paus-2 beeps (Nothing on my monitor).

I had to remove my graphic card from PCIE x16, use processor graphics to get the system boot and get into the BIOS.

Now after disabling that options ("Performance" tab), any of the above graphic cards works perfectly.

I hope this answers your questions and please let me know if you need more information from me.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Ok, so you have answered your own question. Don't touch the Performance settings and the system will run just fine.

I am not trying to be snarky or sarcastic. Intel exited the Desktop Boards business a number of years ago and there is simply no one available to fix any BIOS issues that you might find. All you can do is stay away from settings that cause problems.

...S

0 Kudos