cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alllex1231453
Beginner

Intel DQ77MK can't recognize HD 7750 GPU

Hello,

I own an Intel DQ77MK motherboard with the latest BIOS ( 0073 2018 ) installed. My problem appears when i'm trying to connect my HD 7750 , bios cannot recognize the gpu.

Note: The gpu has been tested in another system and i confirm, it's working perfectly fine.

Has anyone experienced the same problem as me before ? Did anyone found a solution / fix for this issue ?

I'm running Windows 10 but it doesn't matter what kind of os i'm running cause i can't even see the boot-up logo.

Note2: I tried running with cable in GPU ( no success ) , then with cable in the integrated GPU -> it works but the dedicated gpu it's not being recognized, the PCI slot is empy.

Note3: Tested with another ATI radeon 5450 , still doesn't work.

Thank you !

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Is your windows 10 legacy boot or uefi boot?

Not all of these new video cards are backward compatible.

Doc

Alllex1231453
Beginner

legacy.

I cannot understand why it shouldn't be compatible, hd 7750 it's not new.

Ok, i can understand if it couldn't boot in windows, but not even in boot menu ? Also the graphic card its not being recognized in the pci slot ( bios )

AlHill
Super User

Latest/last bios is 0074. Here are the release notes:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191120145444/https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28297/eng/MK_0074_Releas...

I have attached 0074.

Doc

Alllex1231453
Beginner

Thank you so much Al for help, i upgraded the bios but unfortunately it still doesn't work........maybe there are some special settings in bios , i don't know. What do you recommend ?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I agree that cards with this graphics engine should work in MK; they were released the same year. The important things to do are to (a) upgrade to the latest BIOS and (b) ensure that UEFI Boot is enabled. If, after all that, you cannot see the BIOS Splash Screen during POST, then it isn't going to work. This can happen if the Video BIOS in the card's OpROM is much, much newer.

...S

Alllex1231453
Beginner

I had a LGA 775 motherboard , and hd 7750 was working before on that motherboard....and lga 775 is antic.

I'm using the latest bios .

AlHill
Super User

Make sure you have UEFI boot enabled.

Doc

Alllex1231453
Beginner

Thank You . I have legacy and uefi enabled. Unfortunately it doesnt work. The gpu fan ​is spinning but it cannot be recognized in the bios

n_scott_pearson

Just a whim: try disabling Legacy and see what happens. Yea, I know you won't be able to boot, but at least you will know.

...S

Alllex1231453
Beginner

No result.

The fun fact is that i got my hand on a very old gpu, Nvidia Geforce 210 , i plugged the card in the motherboard and surprise bios recognized the card and i can boot to windows without any problem. My question is that why Nvidia Geforce 210 ( which is a very old card ) was recognized and my Hd 7750 which used to work on an ancient motherboard like 775 can't work on a modest 1155 ?

I think that's a uefi or legacy issue, but even with uefi disabled it cannot work, and if i remove legacy i can't even boot. I read on google that hd 7750 it's not uefi supported

AlHill
Super User

Perhaps the AMD forum can help with an answer.

Doc

Alllex1231453
Beginner

Yes, i cannot understand why an AMD gpu can't work with this intel motherboard, i was trying all methods with no success.... and here comes a Nvidia GPU that connect instantly. Strange.

I have another 1155 motherboard ( ASUS ) connected with an I3 sandy bridge for a mini-storage server and hd 7750 works fine with no need for bios settings uefi legacy whatever

n_scott_pearson

Well, I can definitely agree that I have had way more success with NVIDIA card compatibility than I have with AMD. Unfortunately, with Intel shutting down the Desktop Boards business, there were no resources to investigate why these compatibility issues existed in the first place. Certainly, back in 2012, the 7750 boards were working with the 7th Series boards (I had one). What happened afterwards, I am not sure.

...S