cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Intel DX58SO E29331-703 Auxiliary PCI Express graphics power connector

Hallo everybody,

I have one question, is it true that Intel E29331-703 version has no Auxiliary PCI Express graphics power connector on the motherboard is it true that it was removed on the 703 version.

Can anybody help me with this .

Greetz, Umut

6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

It has a power connector , they just changed it to a SATA insteed of a Molinix. But it's there at the bottom of the board . Yes you do need to hook it up.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Oke you sure cause the olders versions like 702, 7.01 had also the sata version at the bottom does this mean that they are just removing the molinix and leaving the sata power connector only. And how do you know this that with the 703 version that this is normal that intel is removing it.

Greetz, Umut

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Yes i do have a same Ver of motherboard. Intel did remove the 4 pin molex auxiliary power connnector. only I see at bottom one sata power auxiliary power connector.and also change is 90-degree rotated SATA ports.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

You can leave the auxiliary graphics power connector empty if your graphics card has a maximum draw of less than 75 watts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

I would say NO, hook it up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

This is the response i got from the Intel customer support regards to my question

After checking with the expert level, they confirmed that confirmed to me that the PCI Express graphics power connector has been removed from version 701 not all of them but was removed because it is no longer needed for extra power due to some board changes.

Intel technical support.

0 Kudos