Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Intel DX58SO2 No POST - Blank Screen

I am a newbie so this could be something really simple. I purchased this board to replace another mobo that had a bad USB chipset. All components (HD, video card, CPU, DVD ROM. PSU) were all working fine on other motherboard - just USB chipset was shot.

After installing the new board and powering up the PC, I do not get any display. The monitor doesn't seem to receive any signal. The 80h POST code displayed is 14 (according to the manual that is LAN init).

Here is what I've tried so far:

-checked the CPU for bent pins

-reapplied thermal grease

-replaced all mobo screws and case studs

-tried the PCI-e video card in each of the slots

-pulled all the RAM out and tried to boot (no error beeps...this really concerns me because I was under the impression that I should get some beeps)

-swapped HD SATA cable to other SATA ports

-removed and reseated the CPU and motherboard

-disconnected and reconnected all power cables

-rechecked all cables are connected to the mobo correctly

Can someone please offer some assistance?

Thank You!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Just replaced the CMOS battery. Now the POST code is no longer "14." The POST code is now displaying "00." Still not booting or producing any error beeps.

Also tried removing the video card completely. Still nothing.

idata
Community Manager

OK. Now the POST code is still displaying "00" but I have tried the following with no changes:

-swapped out the PSU (from 700w to 850w)

-installed a brand new PCI-E 2.0 graphics card

Still no display. Anyone have any ideas? I really feel like the CPU isn't the issue.

idata
Community Manager

You could try powering up without memory, if you get three beep tones, the processor and the board are communicating each other.

Take a look at this link for more troubleshooting:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005660.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005660.html

Allan.
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I was checking this post for more information. Did you get 3 beep tone codes without memory?

Allan.
idata
Community Manager

Sorry. I tried everything. Removing everything and just powering up the mobo alone didn't even produce any beeps. I've already returned the mobo to the dealer and purchased a Gigabyte mobo. Installed the Gigabyte board with all the same components and everything fired up perfectly. Bad board I guess. But a search for this issue in any search engine shows a massive amount of users with the same issues. So...I will not be buying any more Intel boards any time very soon.

BTW, for some reason Intel would not let me log back in with my original username...maybe I made someone mad. :-/

idata
Community Manager

It's sad to hear you did not get the computer work again. Thank you for your feedback. I hope you enjoy the new computer.

Allan.