cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel DX58SO2 Replacement?

GDay Everyone.

I have an Intel DX58SO2 with an i7 990x cpu.

I am fairly sure that the motherboard has died. I have tried replacing every single component, and have isolated the motherboard itself or the CPU as the possible suspects.

So I went looking for a LGA 1366 motherboard to replace this, but find it extremely hard to source a replacement, like from anywhere? I have looked long and hard, on NewEgg and from some local online stores here in Australia but cant find anything I can buy so that I can continue to use my cpu, ram, video, case, psu, etc etc etc?

Am I just plain stupid or ignorant and just am not looking hard enough, or should I give up on the idea of ever using my i7 990x cpu ever again?

I was really happy with the standard performance of the cpu and never tried overclocking, so will be fairly dissappointed if I cant easily source a LGA1366 type motherboard that can support the i7 990x. Seems such a waste as the cpu is awesome.

Cheers,

Cy

Message was edited by: Cyrus Bhardac

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

No lad you are not mad. I too have exactly the same issue. I just missed a new one on eBay 6 weeks or so, of course just before mine started it's death throes. I have been looking ever since and I can only hope that one (or two) turns up. Like you, I found the stock speed of the 990X was perfect for me. I only purchased the 990X 5 weeks ago and without overclocking it, it may have killed my board. The Back to BIOS light comes on at boot up and that is it. No video for a Post or nothing. Death was not instant but tonight it appears to be it.

Good luck down under.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

These are the compatible motherboards for this processor:

http://processormatch.intel.com/MotherBoards/CompatibleBoards?componentName=i7-990X http://processormatch.intel.com/MotherBoards/CompatibleBoards?componentName=i7-990X

If you may want to look for a 3rd party board, you can search for x58 chipset motherboards. These should be compatible with the processor.

Kevin m

0 Kudos