Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASand6
Beginner

Intel DX79SI Mainboard Ethernet Error

I have an Intel DX79SI model motherboard. I can find out which operating system this motherboard is installed on. He does not see Ethernet. Even though there is 2 Ethernet on the motherboard, Windows only sees one: Intel (R) 82579LM Gigabit Network. When I look at the features, I get Error Code 10. I also helped record the whole event as a video.

Error:

intel r 82579lm gigabit network connection error code 10

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Windows 10 is not supported on your board.

Also, I do not see the point in a 5 minute video on this. Just a problem description, with the OS, processor model number, and driver version is all that is needed. Unless, you are trying to promote yourself.

Doc

ASand6
Beginner

The results of my experiment in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are the same. In the past, VMware Esxi was founded on this. Now, when installing Esxi, I get 'No network adapters were detected' error.

I have another motherboard with the same model (DX79SI) (with same CPU) and operating system Windows 10. I did not encounter such a problem on him.

System Info:

Motherboard: Intel DX79SI

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 Soket 2011 3.6GHz 10MB

Operating System: Windows 10 (I try Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Vmware Esxi)

Installed Driver: Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet PHY Last Version

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/47620/Intel-82579LM-Gigabit-Ethernet-PHY

I updated last BIOS Version.(650)

AlHill
Super User

I still see no need for the 5-minute video. It provides nothing of substance and is a complete waste of time.

So, the board (or at a minimum the LAN ports) are bad. That is what you have proven since you have another identical board and processor. The board is 8 years old, so it is not surprising that you could be experiencing component failure.

Now, here is the important part - your board is no longer supported, regardless of operating system.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

It is possible that this issue is caused by the EEPROM for the interface being wiped somehow. You can use a tool like LANCONF to put the information (MAC address, etc.) into the EEPROM.

Hope this helps,

...S