cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJans3
Beginner

Intel DZ77BH-55K and Asus Xonar Essence STX not working

Hi Intel-Community,

I have a problem with the Intel DZ77BH-55K MoBo. I have flashed the latest Bios 0100 but that didnt solve my problem. I have a Geforce GTX 670 running along with a D-Link DWA-556.

Everything was runnning fine with the GTX and the D-Link plugged in. But when I tried to install the Xonar Essence STX things went bad. My System did not boot up anymore to Windows 8.1.

If Windows managed to boot up, the D-Link card stopped working and the Xonar Essence was detected. When I switched PCIe-Slots it was the same thing, but this time the DWA working fine. (Despite that, just the PCIe-Slot closest to the CPU was able to run the Xonar Essence. In the other PCIe-Slots Windows did not detect it.)

So in conclusion I can not get two PCIe-Cards running at once!!!

I tested the same setup (GTX 670, D-Link DWA and Xonar Essence STX) with another Mainboard (AsRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 - Latest BIOS) and EVERYTHING worked!!

It has to be the Intel MoBo that causes the problem.

Anyone Can help?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Noisr, let's first install the wireless adapter and sound card without the discrete graphics, using Intel® HD Graphics. Once you got them working try adding the graphics card.

I am sorry for the trouble, I believe this will work.

TJans3
Beginner

I tried installing everything as you described, but It didn´t work. I installed the wireless adapter with intel Hd Graphics, but when I tried to add the Xonar Essence it was not recognized in the device manager in windows. Also, the boot-process failed many times with both the DWA and Asus. Can I fix this problem with Software, because I don´t want to plug in and plug out my PCI-Cards like a hundred times?

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am not completely sure if this is a compatibility issue.

When that card is not recognized in Windows*, is it recognized in BIOS?

Can you share more information about your system configuration?

The http://www.intel.com/support/siu.htm Intel® System Identification Utility report would be helpful too.

CRadt1
Beginner

Hi *,

I had exactly the same problem with my DZ77BH and my new Asus STX II. I saw the ID of the card in the peripherals overview of the BIOS but Windows did not seem to see it at all.

After reading a lot of useless tips and flashing different BIOS versions - without success that is - I tried to change every BIOS setting that I thought could have an effect.

And eventually I found the one setting that made the card appear in Windows. I disabled the "PCIs ASPM Support" and my problem was gone.

Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Carli,

Thank for sharing your outcome. I glad that you were able to resolve it.

Regards,

Amy.