cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Intel DZ77RE-75K - 5GHZ Wifi networks not detected

Hi,

I have a intel DZ77RE-75K motherboard. I have installed windows 8 in it. I also have downloaded the drivers for it.

I recently purchased a dual band wifi router from ASUS [AC66U]. The motherboard only detects 2.4 GHZ wifi signals and none of the 5 GHZ are detected. Any idea how to resolve it?

FYI, I have configured 2 different wifi netwoks with different names to troubleshoot. My laptop running in win 7 and my samsung galaxy S2 and my LG tv detects the 5 GHz signal. Only this motherboard does not detect 5 GHZ signal.

Regards,

Vijay G

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RSing24
New Contributor I

I believe the included combination bluetooth/Wi-Fi module is single band 2.4GHz only, nothing in the specification leads me to think otherwise, link to specifications: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-032116.htm Desktop Boards — Wireless LAN (WiFi) and Bluetooth* module

idata
Community Manager

I also felt the same, but if you look at the properties of the device, i see channel selection for 5Ghz band too. This made the confusion. Moreover the motherboard is the "extreme" series and designed for "high performance", but if it does not support dual band then it is a bad combination. @Intel, dont give it as part of motherboard or give a good performing adapter instead.

-Vijay