Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJans6
New Contributor I

Intel® Desktop Board DH77DF - BIOS Inaccessible picture is garbled.

Hi all,

I have successfully updated the BIOS of my Intel® Desktop Board DH77DF from version 0102 to 0103.

Unfortunately I can't access the BIOS screen because it gives me this picture.

Apart from this the motherboard functions normally. I can still use it ok. Windows 8 boots normally.

Any suggestions?

Regards

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ZAgha
New Contributor II

Which video port are you using??

What are your system specs??

Try switching to another video out. If you are using the IGP try using the DVI

MJans6
New Contributor I

Hi Ziad,

Thanks for your response.

I run this CPU:

Intel Core i5-3570K, 3.40GHz, 6MB, HD4000, S1155

and I am using the HDMI video output port which is connected to an Onkyo AV Receiver which in turn is connected to a plasma screen. It's my HTPC.

I have tried the DVI video output port with a VGA adapter on an old VGA monitor directly and indeed the picture is ok. I can enter the mouse controlled BIOS ok. When hooking it back up to the AV Receiver the picture is garbled again.

I was able to see and enter the BIOS correctly from version 0100 ok. Might this have something to do with HDCP?

I tried switching back to the classic, less graphical, BIOS screen but it also gives me a garbled picture.

Message was edited by: K405

ZAgha
New Contributor II

Yes I think it is an issue with the HDCP

Try updating the software of the of your AV receiver. If that doesn't work or unavailable then:

Try using the VGA adapter to hook it up to your AV receiver. That is disable the Internal graphics adapter. Also try switching cables if possible "i.e. from HDMI to DVI"

We'll take it one step at a time. First let's try to update the firmware on the Receiver.

Word of advice:

Don't update the BIOS unless you have an issue.

Intel claims that BIOS will resolve old issues without conflicting new ones; thats only in Utopia

ZAgha
New Contributor II

any update?

idata
Community Manager

Same here. If I use UEFI and a AMD 6450 or a NVIDIA GTX 650 the system didn't boot (2 beeps). I set legacy boot ON and the system boots up, but I am unable to access the bios (setup utility is loading, hang up).

Also on my other Intel H77 board, no chance if I use Nvidia or Amd.

No problem with IGP (DVI-HDMI). And no problem with an Asus board, UEFI and AMD/NVIDIA.

Will try to chance memories (1333 instead 1600), but this is a strange bios issue for me.

MJans6
New Contributor I

Hi Ziad, FITEC, Cov,

Going bonkers over here

Did the Version 0104 update, successful. Now my network interface isn't working anymore..

Thought it might be a driver/OS issue but nothing helped. Suspected Windows 8, booted latest Ubuntu, no networking. When plugging in the network cable none of the LED's come on. When I power off, plug in netwrok cable, green LED blinks. I can wake the computer from standby ok! But as soon as the OS (Windows or Ubuntu) is loaded no network!

I'm going to downgrade to 0103 if that's even possible.

Also regarding the BIOS screen being garbled. When I hook it up to the VGA port of my Onkyo using a DVI/VGA adapter I can see the Intel boot logo and BIOS screen ok but the HDMI BIOS picture is still fubar.

MJans6
New Contributor I

Phew!

Network connection restored with Version 0103.

Intel Voo Doo ware

idata
Community Manager

Whats wrong with these boards? Even with 104 bios I was unable to boot without the slow legacy mode and a AMD HD7750. Also my Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 didn't work in PCI-E. I can install the drivers, but after a reboot the cardcenter won't load. No Problems with same hardware into ASUS or GIGABYTE boards.