Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Intel® Desktop Board DH77DF - BIOS Version 0106 - Breaks network interface

Jump to solution

Hi There,

Anyone else here with DH77DF running the latest BIOS Version 0106?

I tried flashing it just now, flashes fine, Windows 8 x64 boots fine but the network interface doesn't work.

No matter what I do, drivers install, BIOS settings, it won't come up.

When I roll back to 0103 the network interface works just fine.

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi K405,

We will proceed to reproduce this issue in our laboratory systems and any updates or recommendations will be posted soon on this same forum. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Dear Intel,

I am not the only one suffering from this issue:

/message/176023 http://communities.intel.com/message/176023

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

And this also happens to me in Linux with any of the latest BIOS (104, 105, 106).

103 was the last one where it worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hopefully someone at some point at Intel will notice this too.

Makes me wonder if we are the only ones cause whenever a new BIOS is released one would assume it's thoroughly tested. Or they are testing it on another H77 mobo, could be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Gustavoz, what flavor of Linux and what version are you using?

I'm currently running 32-bit Ubuntu 10.04 and have not been able to get the interface to enumerate (using 'ifconfig') with ANY of the BIOS versions (tried 100 through 108).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I was able to solve my problem by getting the latest driver from the following page:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Ethernet+Components&Product... http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Ethernet+Components&Product...

The ethernet controller on my board is Intel® 82579, so I made sure you get the right driver for that device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Vlad,

I am using the latest and greatest drivers from the Intel Download center.

I tried updating my BIOS again this time to version 0108 but again my network adapter is not functioning after the BIOS update.

Too prove to Intel and all members of the forum I made some pictures of the procedure with my mobile phone.

So here's what I see when running from version 0108

Flashing BIOS back from 0108 to 0103:

Flashed back to 0103 and the network adapter works!!!

With latest PROset software:

Flashing from 0103 to 0104:

Booted back into Windows 8 and..... network adapter stops working:

Back from 0104 to 0103:

Booted into Windows and it works!

So please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please Intel have a look at what changed for the network adapter in BIOS version 0103 and 0104. Compare them!

Message was edited by: K405 *typo*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

+1 on everything K405 said.

Intel, please address this issue soon because it seems to be blocking a lot of users. Also, it doesn't seem to be OS-specific issue as K405 is seeing this in Windows, while I had this same problem in Linux (Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I have earned LAN and monitoring PCH only after the BIOS recovery (bios configuration jumper removed, no F7)

BIOS 107 and 108.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry but what do you mean by:

"I have earned LAN and monitoring PCH only after the BIOS recovery (bios configuration jumper removed, no F7)" ?

Do you mean LAN and PCH works for you after following the BIOS recovery procedure? I guess you do but want to make sure before doing the same thing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi K405,

Sorry for my bad English.

I executed the following steps before updating:

- downloaded the BIOS 0107 (or 0108) version again to make sure it was not corrupted and put in on a USB-stick

- put my current BIOS settings back to the default settings

- turn off your computer

- remove all SATA devices

- remove bios configuration jumper

- connect USB-stick

- turn on your computer

- follow the instructions on the screen

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi K405,

We will proceed to reproduce this issue in our laboratory systems and any updates or recommendations will be posted soon on this same forum. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager

I was lucky to find this thread as I wasn't getting NIC on my install and was about to call Intel for warranty as I had no idea it'd be a bios issue, I downgraded to 103 and network works perfect, wondering why Intel hasn't responded on this issue, it's been over a month. I tested BIOS 104 & 108, neither worked. 103 worked like a charm, thanks.

0 Kudos