Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRaja10
Beginner

Intel Desktop utilities does not work on DX79SI

I have Intel DX79SI motherboard with the latest BIOS. I just downloaded the Intel desktop utilities 3.2.8.089. When I start it up it just hangs (I see the circles going round and round). Is this a known issue? I am running windows 7 premium 64 bit.

Ram

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

There were some reports from customer with the utility, but it got fixed with the new version. please check the following thread.

RRaja10
Beginner

The thread specifies version v3.2.7.084 while I have downloaded the latest version (3.2.8.089). Should I be going back to an older version? Also, in my case, it is not that it is not showing the correct value, it does not even start.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Please try with the older version and let me know the results.

NSCOTT_P_Intel
Employee

RamR,

DX79SI is definitely a supported board and there are no outstanding issues with IDU installation or operation on this board. As a matter of fact, my development machine -- which is where IDU is being built and initially tested -- utilizes the DX79SI board and runs 64-bit Windows 7.

First, some questions: 1. Did you have any warning message pop up during the install process? 2. Did you immediately reboot when the tool asked you to at the end of the install process?

To ascertain what is going on, it will help if you can send me file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\FSC\FSCAppServ.log". You can do so via private message if you wish...

...Scott

RRaja10
Beginner

After one more uninstall and install sequence, I am happy to say that it is working now. I did not get error messages the first time, but the standard windows magic incantation seemed to have fixed whatever the issue was :-)

Thanks.