cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddict
Novice

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant will not download drivers

Jump to solution

When Intel® Driver & Support Assistant finds new drivers for anything I tell it do download all. It then says 0 bytes of 0 bytes and stays there. Both Edge and Chrome.

I have used the cleaner tool from intel and installed the newest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant with the same results.

I can manually install the drivers.

I've attached a screenshot

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Eddict
Novice

that's not true, it's for all boards using Intel parts.

analyzing the DSA Service log was way more useful. (%ProgramData%\Intel\DSA)

the DSAService.Service throws an System.IO.IOException on the resolved downloadDirectory folder.

apparently the assistant cannot the handle the case when your "Downloads" system folder is located on a network drive.

changed it temporarily to a local drive, restarted IDSA and problem gone.

sounds like a bug to me, should be easy to solve. anyone knows where I can submit it?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download those and install them manually.

Doc

Eddict
Novice

not so helpful as it doesn't solve the problem with the Assistant.

the manual download for eg. Optane memory gives me 3 choices which i'm not sure of.

the point of using the Intel Wizard/Assistant is that it does make those choices for you and don't need to know all the details about each Intel item on my motherboard.

AlHill
Super User

The IDSA is intended for intel boards/products. And, I would be using the drivers provided by TOSHIBA's support site for THEIR LAPTOP.

Doc

Eddict
Novice

that's not true, it's for all boards using Intel parts.

analyzing the DSA Service log was way more useful. (%ProgramData%\Intel\DSA)

the DSAService.Service throws an System.IO.IOException on the resolved downloadDirectory folder.

apparently the assistant cannot the handle the case when your "Downloads" system folder is located on a network drive.

changed it temporarily to a local drive, restarted IDSA and problem gone.

sounds like a bug to me, should be easy to solve. anyone knows where I can submit it?

View solution in original post

AlHill
Super User

Just attach the logs on this thread.

"it's for all boards using Intel parts." It does not even handle Intel's own desktop boards (completely).

You may want to view the list of IDSA exclusions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032252/software/software-applications.ht...

Doc