Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant: suddenly won't work, it just hangs on Scanning your system ...

devnullius
New Contributor I

Per title: last month this tool stopped working properly. I downloaded the latest setup today, which only prompted me to remove the old version first. It says it does that, but the setup will do this every time.

So I used IOBit Uninstaller. Then, I could install IDSA but the problem remains: it's an an endless loop where it just stalls and hangs on "Scanning your system ...".

I disconnected my VPN, nothing changed. Different browser, nothing changed. Only AV is Defender, Win 10 fully updated. I downloaded the latest driver for Intel(R) UHD Graphics 605 and rebooted. Nothing changed. I'm about out of inspiration. Anyone else an idea? OS build 19042.662.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Do not hijack this thread.  Stay with the other thread you created.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @devnullius 

Please read the following thread,  issued by @Monique_Intel  and please attach in this thread the requested log files.

Leon

devnullius
New Contributor I

Log files: attached.

Some background info that might be relevant. The video drivers installed by the tool were giving me problems (video wouldn't start playing until I rebooted; this happened quite frequently). So I removed Intel's drivers and update the display adapter with Windows Update. That stopped the video play problems, but apparently fracked up the IDSA tool

Appreciated!

devnullius
New Contributor I
AlHill
Super User

You did fine.  For IDSA, there is no specific forum, which has been a topic much in discussion.

aepit
Beginner

Please send me the latest BIOS
Now put 0100

AlHill
Super User

Do not hijack this thread.  Stay with the other thread you created.

View solution in original post

devnullius
New Contributor I
AlHill
Super User

0100 is the version of the bios on his board.  He posted multiple times, hijacking a couple of threads, for no reason.